Searching...

How on earth do you subscribe to Optus Sport?

pedro_101

I'm not an Optus customer but would like to subscribe for the World Cup.

Download the App on Apple TV and it says "To create a new account... please visit sport.optus.com.au"

Go to the web page and try to join. It says "Customers who wish to purchase an Optus Sport Premium subscription through the Optus Sport App will simply need to create an account and subscribe through the application."

Catch 22 and I can't subscribe?

It's only the World Cup. You'd think somebody would have done some quality testing?

Re: How on earth do you subscribe to Optus Sport?

Paddylee

From my understanding is that you need to make a free account on the Optus Sport page.

Within itunes/apple tv store is where you purchase the subscription through apple for the premium account.

It links your apple account with the optus sport account giving you premium access.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

pedro_101

Thanks Paddy Lee, I now have a free account and can login on the Apple TV and the web site. 

I now need to work out how to upgrade to a paid subscription.

Settings under the web site says I can "manage my subscriptions" but the only option is "Change Password".

Highlighted

Paddylee

Unfortunately I have de-applefield myself so cannot have a look Smiley Tongue

Its classed as an in-app purchase - so perhaps try the app store/itunes as thats what handles the billing of the premium subscription for the apple TV.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos