Searching...

Re: How do I upgrade my Gen 1 Fetch TV Box to a Gen 2?

Nghi

That is a new wrinkle Lister55. If you already have Fetch TV service then no new box will be ordered if you change plans or go onto new contract. It would be best to speak with our Customer Service crew and discuss the options. 

KG60

Hi @Jax_K - I see that a number of Optus long term customers have had their complaints and issues regarding an upgrade of the Fetch set top box from Gen 1 to a Gen 2 without the $135 fee handled and solved and would like to know if that is going to be the case for all Optus long term customers with the same issue.

I have recently renewed my plan with Optus and discussed at the time my problems accessing Netflix on my TV. I was told that my set top box was a Gen 1 ( a fact I did not know and had not been informed of before) and I would have to upgrade to a Gen 2 box with a fee of $135. It was not explained to me just what the fee was for exactly. I did not have to pay a fee to upgrade my mobile phone when the plan expired.

Am I able to take advantage of the free upgrade to a Gen 2 Fetch set top box as has been offered to other customers with a Gen 1 Fetch box.

I would like to think that Optus treats all its customers the same and as new customers are given a set top box that they can access Netflix on without paying a fee, then the same option should apply for all its loyal long term customers as well.

Jax_K

Hi @KG60, when you get a moment could you please send me a PM with your account details and date of birth and I'll look into this for you Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

UncleBuck

Hi I think I'm in the same boat, I've just signed up to Stan with my optus rewards, and the only way I can use it is on the my phone, when I'd prefer to use the fetch TV to watch on the screen,  The only App I have is youtube.  I think I have a gen 1 box as I can't get netflix either.  Do I have to pay the upgrade fee.  I've been with Fetch TV since optus started offering it?

Hollie

Sounds like you do have the Gen1 box UncleBuck, generally speaking you'd need to pay the upgrade fee Smiley Happy Best to give our customer service team a buzz on 133937 and they can chat about this further.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Daxta

I'm a bit late to this, but have to say that I too feel very annoyed with Optus for not upgrading us to a Gen 2 box. We have been with Optus for years, and when I recontracted in late 2015 I was also told that I would not be getting a Gen 2 box. After arguing with a support person for almost 2 hours, I gave up. As a matter of principal, I was not prepared to pay extra for a Gen 2 box, simply because I had been loyal to Optus for all these years! 

We have subscribed to Netflix and only watch it on my computer, which is incredibly frustrating knowing we could be watching it on our television. As a result, the Fetch box pretty much sits unused most of the time. 

turnbull151

We are in the same boat as others in this thread. After upgrading plan, received a number of emails telling us of free 6 mth subscription to Stan. Signed up only to find it didn't work on our Gen 1 Fetch box. Do I just cancel (not paying $135 for something I don't own) or will consideration be given by Optus to waiving the $135 for upgrade?

KG60

Hi @turnbull151, I was contacted by @Jax_K (a moderator) who arranged for me to have a Generation 2 box with no $135 fee charged. Appaently I should have been given a free upgrade when I renewed my plan. Like everyone else I was given a bit of a runaround from Optus call centre staff but once I asked on this thread my complaint was resolved very quickly. I have my new Gen 2 box and am now happily watching Netflix on my tv. Try contacting the moderator I dealt with. Good luck.

[ Edited ]
Mais

Hi 

Following on your advise I contacted Jax_K and explained my situation of being a long term subscriber of Optus Services.

Jax_K has looked at my situation and as a result offered me a new Fetch Box 2 free of charge.

I have received the Box had it connected and sucessfully activated today.

Thank you for you head up and thanks to Jax_K for looking after me.

Anyone in my situation should contact an Optus Moderator via this forum - better still PM him or her - do not phone them - the guy in Optus Call Centre has no authority to act. He wanted me to pay $150 for Gen 2 - $135 plus $15 shipping charge.

Once again thank you.

Jax_K

No worries Mais and apologies for the late reply Smiley Happy Let me know if I can help out with anything else. Jax

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
32 Kudos
23 Kudos
13 Kudos
9 Kudos