Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor ak2270
New Contributor

Horrible Experience with Customer Care

Hi,

A few days ago, on the 26th of January, my Fetch TV Mighty Box stopped working. Basically, no power, not turning on, all lights off.  I tried all the usual things, change the power point, unplugged and all, but nothing worked. So I called the customer care who then told me that it needs to be replaced. Alright, he placed an order for it there and then and said I would get it soon. So far so good, I hanged up.

4 days after that, I haven't got anything. No email, no SMS, no notification of any sort that an order was placed or if a delivery is in transit. I call again and then they tell me that the order was never placed. We are placing an order now. I was furious but hey, they said, dont worry, we are on it. He also said, I am going to apply a $15 credit to your account because I am not sure when you will get your box.

Two more days pass, I do not get anything, no notification, nothing. I call again. This time a lady tells me that there are problems with the order placed, they are facing this site-wide and they have no ETA. I said, look, you need to give me something - a tracking number, an order number, some acknowledgement that you see a problem. She tells me there is no ETA right now but she will advise me on this by calling me on my phone in 3 days time. OK I say. Sometime over the weekend I got a text from Optus with a fetch tv activation code. 

She calls me in 3 business days (day before yesterday) and says that my order is in transit. She gives me a order number. She tells me that I can go to toll's website and track my order there. I take her by the word and don't check it there and then. After she hangs up I go to toll's website and guess what, the order number she gave does not exist. Toll refuses to recognize it.

I wait for another day. Today I call them again. Another person on the call. I ask him what happened to my order, he tells me that the order number given to me by the lady was wrong. Here's another one. He gives me a shipment number to track. Oh and by the way I ask, what about that credit I was promised - I did not see it on the latest bill? He tells me that there was no credit applied ever. But wait, he says, I will apply it now!

I go back to toll's website and query with the shipment reference number. Guess what. Something's wrong they say. I call them up and it seems Optus has provided the wrong address for the shipment.

I am furious now and I think I have had enough. 

Is there anything that can be done?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion MiCCAS
Crowd Champion

Re: Horrible Experience with Customer Care

Oh gosh, sorry to hear about the run around you've been on! Definitely not what we want to see 🙂

I've escalated your post so an Optus staff member should be in touch shortly to help out.

Let us know how you go 🙂

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
0 Kudos
New Contributor ak2270
New Contributor

Hi, thank you. I am yet to hear from anyone from Optus though. 

I am actually at the edge of cancelling my connection and writing to the TIO about this. Quite frankly, I have had enough. The worst thing is that in all these two weeks, I am yet to see a real attempt by Optus to actually solve this problem. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ak2270
New Contributor

Hi all,

It has been a week since I posted this and more than 3 weeks since the issue was reported.

There have been zero attempts by Optus to address this. I have no idea what is going on.

Thanks

0 Kudos