cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Trinilimer1
Occasional Contributor

Home watching a Blank TV

Why can OPTUS charge me monthly when I have to watch a blank TV.

It is against the law to charge for a false service ask the Bank CEO’s from their testimony at the Banking Royal Comission.

Bring on a Telco Royal Comission I have hundreds of hours of logged chats all full of lies and false promises. I have BB speed test going back to 2015 gotten of the Website that Optus asks you to go to run a test. Most time my test fails because the speed is too low to even register.

Bradley from Chat where are you?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Occasional Contributor

OPTUS CHARGING FOR NON DELIVERY OF SERVICE

Can someone explain how OPTUS can to continue to charge for non delivery of service. My BB MB per sec varies from 12 MBPs to 0.5 MBPs. This has been going on since the beginning of the contract nearly a year.

why does:

1. Optus charge me for this useless service.

2 Optus charge for fetch that does not work when they are consistently delivering below 3MBPs

I am spending up to 6 hours a night on Optus online chat being passed from one person to another. I have a full log of all the chats. Recently I have been doing this every night and threatening legal action and reporting each person with lying as they always do.

Any help on how to proceed besides spending 6 hours a night tying up there chat lines and listening to lies. I will sit outside a local OPTUS store in the Mall Wilma banner call them liers and theives and this may get some attention or get me on the news. The Banking Royal Comission has exposed Corporate crime in Banks charging for non delivery of Services. I am looking to launch a class action for the same as the taelvos are doing the same. I will launch a website dedicated to bring down OPTUS or getting their CEO to admit they are charging customers for non delivery of Service and then compensate all of us.

I hope Optus Corporate Lawyer calls me as this won’t be the first time I am in contacrt with Legal top dogs the last being with the US Cotporate Lawyers back in the late 1990’s and Australian Consumer Law is more stringent than the USA.

any advice from the Crowd?

Brendan

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Why can OPTUS break the law

Why can OPTUS charge you a monthly contract fee when they don’t ever deliver a service?

Who do you call to complain to get the $ paid on the Comtract refunded?

They will not give me the CEO’s mobile # so I can call and chat'!!!!!?????

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Why can OPTUS break the law

Optus probably aren't "charging" you, you've provided no actual detail for any of us to contribute to you how to get your problem best fixed.

If you submitted an online order, they wouldn't start charging until the order is marked "delivered" by their courier. But again without knowing the specifics we're only guessing here.

Optus won't give you the CEO's mobile number, because you're simply an end user. Your best bet is to log a complaint via https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints and they will investigate it. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Home watching a Blank TV

Could you please refrain from creating a new thread for each little bit of your concern, it clogs up the system unnecessarily and makes it significantly harder to help you.

A blank TV, is this the Optus Fetch TV product? 

Because the last complaint you logged not 20mins ago was complaining they were illegally charging you for a service not being delivered? We're happy to try and give you support, but you need to work with us not against us by opening 100's of threads about every little thing.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: OPTUS CHARGING FOR NON DELIVERY OF SERVICE

Brendan,

You've made this quite difficult by making multiple posts about the same thing effectively flooding the crowd site. If you are only getting "3mbps", then this suggests your line is faulty, however you've provided no other details making it again harder.

For starters, as a consumer you are still responsible for the service and it needs to be paid. If you DO NOT report it, or abuse staff to a point they can't help you, then you can't expect things to be easily fixed. By threatening legal action, you are only making it harder yet again, you need to work with them, not be abrasive toward them.

Optus corporate lawyer won't even give you the time of day, you are a single customer on a soap box right now. You won't ever get a class action off the ground becuse the majority of customers are happy. Lets focus on trying to get it fixed hey? 

What modem are you using on your Optus internet service?

Are you ADSL, Cable, NBN? 

If you are NBN, are you Fixed Wireless, FTTN, FTTP, HFC or FTTC? 

What are the stats from inside the modem where it says "3mbps" (please note, we're not asking for a speed test, we're asking for specific data inside the modem)?

Do you use line filters? 

Do you use the home phone? 

Do you have more than one socket? 

Top Contributors