Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Help for Order Delivery, Activation and your First Bill

@Snoreboy01, can you through a private message with your order details? 

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

We'll go in and take a look. If the service is now active, you can request a SIM replacement in-store. They'll get you up and running then and there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can understand you experiences with Optus on-phone support, where you might start off with an Australian call centre, but then get quickly transferred to the Philippines call centre, then passed from section to section, before being put on permanent hold .... presumably as a means of getting rid of you.  Nobody gives their name and nobody has any accountability for resolving your issue.

My major problem related to my Optus Mobile Broadband Account being recorded as invalid, despite the fact that I continue to receive my standard 10GB of data each month together with a monthly bill.  However, because my account was (and still is) invalid I cannot utilise the App, online tools or make changes to my plan on line.  Hence I am at the mercy of the poorly trained mugs in-store.  As of today, nobody at Optus has been able to rectifty this matter.

My initial request for help started in the Adelaide Rundle Mall store, they then put me onto Australia service staff, where I was transferred a further 2 times, I was then transferred to the Philippines call centre, where I was transferred a further 3 times before being put on permanent hold until I hung up in frustration some 73 minutes later - and this all happened while I was in the Adelaide store using an Optus store phone!  I think the sheer incompetence of Optus's technical support even surprised their in-store staff.

More recently Optus has been charging me $15 month extra for Optus Sport (as useless as it is for the World Cup) despite the fact it should have been included as advertised in my brand new month-by-month contract.  I spent another 95 minutes on the phone to the Philipines trying to resolve this issue where the error was eventually noted, together with a promise to correct it and refund the extra monies already paid.  I even have a confirmatory email to this effect.  Nothing has changed, they keep billing me for Optus Sport!

It is now my belief that Optus has by far the worst customer service of any major company in Australia.  If you are unfortunate enough to be transferred to the Philippines for resolution, you might as well give and hang up to save your time.  Instead of 'Yes' it should be 'We just don't know and we just don't care'.  It is a disgrace that the Government, through the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, allows this company to operate to the lowest 3rd standards in Australia. 

Why do I bother?  Only because they have the EPL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi my name is jai ***and id checked up on my order and it say in prosses in 1of 1 product in this order mean id need help on what that means

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

G'day @jaihateley, how long ago had you placed the order? Can I just get some clarification on the wording, did you mean to say that it's showing as "in-progress?"

If you're a brand-new customer to Optus, we'll need to perform a credit check. It can take a couple of days for the result of your application.

Had we asked for any additional documentation? Once your application has been approved, delivery will be made within our standard delivery time-frame.

Metro

Next business day

Regional 

3-5 business days in most regional areas

FYI - I've just removed your last name from your post. We don't want any personal info made public 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I have now called Optus twice to have my new service activated. I called yesterday & they said it would be activated within 15mins. Didn't happen. Today I called Optus again & spoke to a lady who transferred me to another area then when that lady answered she just hung up on me!! Great customer service! I'm sick of waiting on hold for 10+ mins to be hung up on.  This is the first time being with Optus & I'm about to send the phone & sim back & say stick it!! Great first impression! Someone needs to call me & stick of being on hold to be hung up on!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm really sorry for the delay with your activation and the trouble you've had getting a hand @Myss. I agree it sounds disappointing. Please chat with the Customer Service team here so they can assist with the activation status 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I have spoken 4 people on the phone & 2 people on Yes Crowd.  Day 3 & my sim card is still not activated or my numbers ported.  I have now been disconnected from my previous carrier so have no phones at all now.  Great service Optus. My advice DO NOT SWITCH TO OPTUS!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hi @Myss, you've sent one of our moderators a private message with your details? I'm unable to locate any previous conversation history other than the interaction you'v had with us on this thread.

Can you send us a private message with your account details? I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. You can send your details through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi.

I had my old phone numer redirected to me by the company I worked for. I have redirected the number to another provider and have received a "first bill". Can you please confirm that I will not receive another bill or if necessary what I need to do to ensure that the SIM only account is terminated. kcarsburg@optusnet.com.au

Regards

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @KFC1951 - If you've received your bill from another provider than you shouldn't receive further from Optus. However we'll need to confirm this.

Can you please confirm your mobile number, full name and DOB via private message? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors