cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor haroon
Occasional Contributor

Got a TOLL envelop from Optus

I was on Optus $90 / month bundle (Home broadband + Fetch TV). I recently cancelled my subscription. Yesterday I got a package delivered by TOLL containing a padded envelop and a letter welcoming me to Fetch.

There is no other information as to why I am being welcomed and what the envelop is for. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Got a TOLL envelop from Optus

Hi

When you cancel your service you are required to return your fetch box along with remote control etc. It would appear the wrong letter has been included with the Toll satchel.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor haroon
Occasional Contributor

Can I get Optus to unlock and keep the fetch box (I have had this box for more than six years)?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

I'm pretty sure the answer will be no, but you could always speak or online chat with Optus and ask .

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The answer is a definite no. Optus boxes remain the property of Optus and are not compatible with other Fetch suppliers. The box will deactivate sooner or later and you will be charged a $350 non return fee in a month or two if you keep the box (note you can return the box at any stage and that will be recredited back to you.)

Optus don't make it very clear IMO that the box is only leased. Its seems very unreasonable IMO that long term customers can end up paying over $1000 for equipment that they never get to keep.

If you like the Fetch box (and I think it is a good all round unit) you could consider getting a refurbished one from JBHiFi that connects directly to FetchTV. Note don't by any second units from eBay as they're all liable to be deactivated like yours will be.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors