cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Giving away EPL SCORES during the games and showing giveaway images in the app.

Optus Sport, why is this still happening? I am watching the Chelsea vs Liverpool game and looking forward to following it by watching the Arsenal vs Burnley game and YET AGAIN Optus Sport is showing the scores on screen! This RUINS my chance of enjoying the game by knowing the score in advance! I pay to have Optus Sport so I can watch MANY games to get value for money and your continued giving away of the scores (also the commentators do it sometimes) means this is not happening. THERE IS NO NEED to show scores as there are a million ways to find out scores when I want to. Not when Optus Sport decides I need to! This has been going on since Optus got the rights to EPL but is getting worse as the season draws to a close. I can just about understand it on the last day of the season when all games are played at the exact same time and relegation and other scenarios at the top are playing out but for the rest of the season PLEASE STOP SHOWING SCORES FROM OTHER GAMES. In another matter, in the app, there are still images that give huge hints as to what went on in a game which again ruins the excitement and enjoyment of NOT KNOWING anything about the game before watching. In particular in the areas where replays and highlights are shown. This is totally stupid too. Showing goals and red cards and other major identifying incidents is just not necessary in those areas where if I go to watch a replay or highlight I don't want to see any hints at all. You guys need to talk to your UX guys about getting this right for the customers.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Giving away EPL SCORES during the games and showing giveaway images in the app.

So no moderators can even be bothered to respond to this point? Seriously, you show no interest in improving the User experience for your customers. My comments regarding giving away scores, results and massive hints to events during games is a serios problem that needs to be addressed unless you really don't care about how viewers want to use Optus Sport.
0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Re: Giving away EPL SCORES during the games and showing giveaway images in the app.

Hey @Flashart53 - thanks for reaching out. Certainly not a case of us not bothering to respond. We only have 1-2 people moderating the Yes Crowd forum at any given time, apologies for the delay. 
We are consistently passing on feedback to improve the EPL for our customers and value all kinds of feedback, whether negative or positive. 
With regards to this particular experience, we don't have a quick fix at this stage, however we can flag this post as feedback and pass it on.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor nitrosticks
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

As I mentioned this has been going on since day 1 that Optus got the EPL rights and absolutely nothing has changed so obviously the intent to improve for customers is non existent. IT TOTALLY RUINS GAMES. That is not some minor issue. A quick fix is to tell the people producing the app to stop using images that give away major events in games in the HIGHLIGHTS area and tell the guys who put the on screen scores on that we don't want them. Please explain otherwise, why it is remotely necessary to show scores from other games or give away major hints when it patently ruins it for customers? I am retired and like to watch all the games, either full games or highlights and when some are ruined by knowing results it just makes the whole exoerience have a nasty taste in the mouth about Optus having the EPL rights. This was never an issue with Foxtel when they had the rights.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You didn't write anything!
0 Kudos