cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor qqchrisjones
Occasional Contributor

Getting My Stuff onto my new box

Hi,

I just upgraded to a Mighty box having been using a Mini for a few years.

How do I get all my content (movies purchased etc) moved out to my new box?  It's the same Optus account as before.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Getting My Stuff onto my new box

There is no option to transfer content between boxes.

this is a fetch limitation not an Optus limitation.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Fetch mini has no storage onboard (does not record) but surely you can still stream purrchaed shows/movies

Its nto a case of transferring recorded shows, its one of purchased shows and movies still being accessable upon switching to a different fetch box on the same account.

Refer to: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/Fetch-Movie-Purchases/td-p/399818

Dan_C's post

If for any reason you need a replacement Fetch box the content will still be available to download to watch as long as your account number doesn’t change.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Many people don't realise its not "your stuff". With most cloud based content you are only purchacing the right to view it for as long as the company in question decideds to make it available. If you also don't keep paying for a subscription every month then the content is also all forfeit.

Its a fairly bizarre situation and a big reason why people still download content from elsewhere - Those that doi the right thing and buy the content to watch are often told you can only watch it here or on that machine or at that resolution or when we say so etc. As a general rule I would only ever by physical copies for content I wanted to keep long term - If you ever decide to leave Optus then you will immeadiately lose all your purchased content.

You can read the Fetch T&Cs here (where they make this clear in bold at the outset.) 

That said you would still likely be able to access you content in the situation you've outlined.For example obviously Fetch boxes break down and get replaced and you don't lose your access to any purchaced content. Essentially all you've done here is add a second box to your existing account? In which case you should be able to view your purchased content in the menus same as with the other mini box. 

Just to check you are still leasing the mighty from Optus and didn't buy one outright from an electronics retailer? Those boxes are definitely incompatible as far as purchased content is concerned.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, yes correct.

I'm not trying to transfer content recorded from the TV, I'm trying to access the streaming conent I purchesed with my Fetch Mini Box.

The old Fetch Mini box was supplied under my old Optus phone. I upgraded to a new phone, on the same Optus Phone number (last week), and added Optus NBN to my account too, and this deal came with a fetch mighty box.  So I'm now using that. 

It ought to be the same account - although I suppose adding Optus NBN could have created a second account? - I got the new phone and NBN at the same time.   At any rate, I'm a continuing Optus costumer and would like see the content I've bought.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Any ideas anyone.....?  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors