Searching...

Gen1 Hack?

hellaant

I've had a Gen1 STB for about 5 years and got a message it will be switched off 1/9 so jumped into a new bundle with a Gen3 

mighty box. I've got a lot of tv saved on the Gen1 and up until this morning i also had the ethernet disconnected  but i stupidly plugged it in today, it updated and now i am locked out. is there anyway i can reverse the update to get access to the saved tv?

Re: Gen1 Hack?

Toomey

Hey @hellaant, I've checked the notice about this and it says that recordings on Gen 1 boxes cannot be transferred or retained I'm afraid.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

hellaant

Thanks Toomey. But surely the recordings are on the local harddrive. It is just the OS update that needs to addressed.

Hannah-L

@hellaant Even if you weren't currently locked out the recordings wouldn't be able to be transferred off the Gen 1 STB. The only content that can be transferred are purchases from the TV or movie stores.

hellaant

I still have the Gen1 box. All I want to do is watch the recordings. I don't want to transfer anything. How do i access the old recordings on the old box?

Hannah-L

Sorry @hellaant, you can no longer access any content saved on the gen 1 STB, they have been discontinued, you can't roll back to a previous firmware version.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos