cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Gen 3 Fetch box - reception issues

Hi, I've had continuing issues and tonight have just spoken to another call centre rep.  I asked what compensation was available as this was an ongoing issue and meant some channels are unwatchable.  The rep said that the free to air channels were free and so no compensation was needed.  I said it was a service I was paying for.  He told me I wasn't and wouldn't put me through to billing.  Optus have an appalling attitude!!  I'm a paying customer and they are not taking responsibility or accountability at all!  I have now made a complaint to the TIO although I'm probably one of a few million - this is ridiculous!!

How many others are experiencing the Gen 3 issue? and no accountability from Optus?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Gen 3 Fetch box - reception issues

Hi @cbqotu, I'm sorry to hear that you've had some ongoing trouble with your Fetch 😞

Generally speaking, we can only assess a credit for downtime once the issue is resolved. When we assess the downtime, it'd be on a prorated basis.

We have a Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) policy in place for these types of credits. I've had a look on our page about CSG here and it states the following: 

The Customer Service Guarantee doesn't apply to:

• Data products (e.g. internet services)
  • Customer equipment or cabling
  • Mobile services
  • Satellite services
  • customers who have greater than 5 standard telephone services
  • TV services (such as Fetch)

In this instance we would be unable to provide compensation/credits for the faults you've had with your Yes TV by Fetch service, apologies. 

Given that you've raised this with the TIO it'll be referred back to us. Once it is, your assigned Case Manager will aim to touch base within 10 business days so we can discuss it further with you. 

If you'd like to have a chat about this further in the interim, please get in touch with us here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Gen 3 Fetch box - reception issues

Hi Alex

Thank you for your response.  I am disappointed to hear that Optus think it acceptable to exclude certain areas of their service from their Customer Service Guarantee - it does make that guarantee a bit of a joke really.  However, Australian Consumer law states includes fit for purpose clauses, acceptable quality, and a reasonable time period for repairs.  Given that I'm paying for a tv service, I'm entitled to be able to view the channels included in that service, including free to air channels, especially given that the fault lies with your Gen 3 Fetch box and not the free to air channels themselves.

I'm also looking into making a complaint with ACCC, etc. in order to make as many people aware of this as possible.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors