cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Doolan
Occasional Contributor

GETINITIALISED_PARSE error message when trying to watch iview

Hi...i see lots of people asking same question about some shows no longer being able to be viewed without error message...too many to list...yet, no solutions to these problems..can somebody actually solve a problem...resets do not help.  I cannot get free to air via fetch or several iview shows. Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
New Contributor NotHappyJan1
New Contributor

ABC iView error

When trying to watch the Spicks n Specks Reunion on ABC iView on both my Fetch and my girllfriend's Fetch I get the following error  --- Unable to read ABC iView data. Error: GETINITILIASE_PARSE

I also tried to watch Room On The Broom on my Fetch and I got the same error.

I tried the ABC iView app on my mobile (connected to my Optus WiFI network) and both programs were viewable.

What's going on? It's obviously a Fetch adn ABC iView issue not an individual Fetch box.

Moderator Aman_B

Re: ABC iView error

Hi @ NotHappyJan1 - Could you please confirm if both the devices (your and your girl friends) were at the same address and connected to same network? Have you tried doing a soft reset (from settings) for the device? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Where is MY reply.......i have done reset several times....why are there masses of questions on YesCrowd and no solutions..whats the point?

New Contributor

We live at different addresses 15 km apart.

If by soft reset you mean turning it off and on again, yes I've done that even though I thought with it happening on two separate machines it was irrelevant.

Actually I'm far from happy with my Optus internet service. 

If I am listening to music on Spotify through my Google home on my TV and I try to upload photos to Facebook from my computer the music stops and starts.

If I am uploading photos to Google Photos using my computer I can't watch recorded programs on my Fetch box.

NOT HAPPY espewcially since I signed up for a two year contract!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

By soft reset they mean go to manage..then settngs..schroll through items on screen till you find the nbox that says device info (may have to schroll right till you hit it..press on device info...press options...schroll down to Fetch Box...press start...add pass in mine is 0000....(default). Then ok

i shouldnt have to be the one to tell you this..moderators should be advising..just no help here..if there is an error message there should be a solution...good luck..both of us need it..

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry guys, I do try and respond to as many enquiries as I can @Doolan, @NotHappyJan1

I'm not sure how we've missed this one.

Thank you for your input @Doolan.

If there's anything I can help out with, please shout out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Dan...you asked ‘how did we miss this one’. And ‘if theres anything else we can help you with shout out’...well YES can someone offer a solution instead of just replying that they see the post...please....if there is an error message and programs are unattainable what should we do?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Doolan, we are aware of this, the latest update we received was in early September, with Fetch having confirmed that this issue will be fixed in the 2.21 software update.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

I have done the reset through settings and it still does not work.

What about the other issues I raised re speed?

0 Kudos