Searching...

Re: GEM HD on Optus Fetch Box

petergdownload

The feed and reception is apparently fine @Jeneral__Pain.  Its only the EPG that is not being updated correctly.

Peter Gillespie

DEANJA

Yes Peter all the channels SD and HD are coming through, it's just the EPG on THAT channel 85 that is NOT co,mming through correctly.

Yes we have a split, as we always have had, nothing changed and chan 85 is showing as HD.

Diagnostics through the Box show 100% quality/signal strength etc.

On out 4K set we get full support for 3840*2160 picture from the Fetch Box.

The Regal Beagle

Ray_YC

Hi again,

After asking our Optus team who in addition to saying to do another rescan suggested:

If they still cannot get the channels please get them to connect the aerial directly to the TV and perform a scan and see if the customer can get the 9GEM HD channel.

I also asked Fetch and their response was:

Hi,

Thanks for the email.

Our team is currently updating this channel for regional areas.

Depending where the other channel 9 channels are located in your area it will either be on channel 85 or 95.

You may need to perform a new channel scan by going to Menu > Manage > Settings > Channels and selecting the full channel scan option.

Please keep in mind that while the team is updating the channel you should still be able to watch the channel however there will be no EPG and possibly the old Your Money imagery/channel name for now.

Regards,

John 

so I would say contrary to their previous response I would say it is a Fetch issue for now.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

Fetch also got back to me and suggested I update my Address in their account.

I don't think this is an option with an Optus account? Hopefully it shakes out soon though.

Peter Gillespie

DEANJA

Thanks John for your efforts.

As I stated before, yes we recieve the GEM HD channel andsound and picture, but on the program guide shows as Your money, and then channel ceased.

Yes we've all done channel re scans, plural.

TV areial etc. is A1 and smart TV's etc get both the channel and EPG shows programing, it's only onm the fatech box.

Guess we'll just wait another week or whatever and see if indeed Fetch attend to their problem.

Jeff

The Regal Beagle

DEANJA

No you can't do anything directly through Fetch with an ISP supplied Fatech Box.

Dear me, they really are smart people aren't they. Lol.

The Regal Beagle

DEANJA

Well they aren't getting any better with this mess.
We had the Your Money label on chan 85 last week, no content in the program guide BUT you could at least get the GEM HD to come up on screen.
As of today, even with re scans etc, now just a white label in the guide says "Chan 85", then in the guide section "No information".
Now you can't even enter the channel and get it up on screen.

All this is very very ameturist 

The Regal Beagle
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
48 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos