Searching...

GEM HD on Optus Fetch Box

DEANJA

We are in the Newcastle area using an Optus Fetch Box. As of yesterday we are able to receive GEM HD channel 85 in our area and our smart TV picks it up just fine, however on our Optus Fetch Box, whilst we can receive the channel OK,our program guide still showing as Your Money Channel and ceased !!!!! NO current at the time programs, therefore can't record anything etc.
Wondering if Optus could advise regards this or anyone else in the Ncle Northern NSW area has found a solution to this problem?
Done a complete reset (Factory) of the box and channel rescan, still no go.

The Regal Beagle
Highlighted

Re: GEM HD on Optus Fetch Box

petergdownload

You'd be better off dropping a line to Fetch themselves (although don't bother as I just did on your behalf)

The Fetch EPG is curated and downloaded to yout unit via the internet by FetchTV and is different from the FTA broadcast (which your TV is picking up)

Peter Gillespie

DEANJA

Thanks Peter, looked at the Fetch TV guide online and at the next door neighbours, his NOT an Optus box and the guide is fully populated correctly.

Contacted Fetch and they passed the buck back to Optus, saying quote: All enquiries re Optus Fetch Boxes must go through Optus.

Looks like we are on the usual device/provider "Merry Go Round". Smiley Mad

The Regal Beagle

petergdownload

Well I guess the issue might be purely Optus Fetch related. 

Hopefully a mod can pass this onto the Optus Fetch department for investigation.

@Ray_YC 

Peter Gillespie

Ray_YC

That is odd.

Gem HD is Channel 95 for me (was watching the Ashes last night) but may be different in Newcastle area.

There was an update a couple of weeks back to the Fetch TV Guide/EPG and part of it mentions:

For customers that have not set up their FTA channels or are missing any from the TV Guide, they need to check that their antenna cable is securely connected from the wall to their Fetch box. They can then channel scan to pick up all FTA channels available via the TV Antenna at Menu > Manage > Settings > Channels > Full channel scan. 

although you've mentioned you've performed the scan. 

Did your box just update to the latest software update 2.24 Japoon? Several customers have reported minor glitches with it but after performing a soft reset it returned to normal.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DEANJA

Right, GEM HD is on channel 85 throughout the Newcastle NSW and Northern NSW region.

Our TV's are all picking it up OK and the guides on the TV's work fine, yes watched the ashes last night.

Did a complete FULL factory reset, have the new firmware.

The guide comes up with the "Your Money" icon, then the body of the guide says Channel ceased.

Clicking OK on that does bring up the GEM HD programming that is currently onair, so nothing wrong with aerials etc. It's the guide that just isn't working correctly.

The Regal Beagle

DEANJA

OK have now done a "Soft Reset", and still the same, see attached picture.

Fetch2.jpg

The Regal Beagle

Ray_YC

Thanks for letting us know everything you have tried.

Let me get in touch with some internal teams here to bring this to their attention and I'll post an update early next week.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DEANJA

Thanks look forward to hearing what the outcome is.

The Regal Beagle

Jeneral__Pain

Are you splitting the antenna from the wall into your TV and the Fetch box?

Or are they running on their own individual feeds to the respective boxes?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos