Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Free to air not happening

Hi,

I have a Fetch Mighty and NBN connection.  I cannot find any FTA channels (all digital); I've done about 10 scans.  I am swapping over from Foxtel which had no trouble with any of the FTA channels, so it has to be the Fetch box.

Any fixes??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Free to air not happening

any luck on the FTA test screen?  Not sure if it is in the FetchTV but with my normal tv I have to select my city for the channel scan..is there something simular in Fetchtv?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

FTA is completely seperate from all other (data) parts of the FetchTV box. I can suggest 3 options:

1) The Fetch TV box is faulty. Its leased so ring up Optus and they'll arrange to send you another in 1-2 days. After that you'll need to send your current boxx back via OPtus arranged courier.

2) You've stuffed up your aerial connections somehow. Just plug a single cable from your wall plate to your Fetch box and scan. (If possible try this in another room). Also if possible take the Fetch box to a friends house and plug it in and scan.

If nothing in 2 works then return to 1.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hold On --..how did I missed that? 

Foxtel Box..that box is connected via the foxtel wall plate, which is a data port, the FTA is via Foxtel and not from your Aerial. 

Are you connecting the FetchTV antenna in to the Foxtel wall plate? If so, you wont get any FTA or anything from that connection. 

Another test is to connect your TV to that wall plate and see if you can get any channel.

Do you have an roof antenna wall plate? If yes then connect to that instead for FTA and a Network cable for Optus pay stations. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hey buddy, the FTA test screen is blank and my location is not requested.  I will run through all of the settings and see if I need to input my location somewhere else in Settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Peter, I will give your suggestions a go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@SillyGogo suggestion seems the most likely ATM - You are not plugging the box into a FTA aerial. 

Perhaps confirm that first by checking the TV gets FTA channels currently?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @tr7v8mike, if the suggestions above aren't working, reach out to the Tech Support team and they'll run through your options. Likely this is due to not plugging the STB directly into the aerial, which delivers the digital TV signal. If it's not working, test the signal on your television. If that's delivering a signal, then it's a hardware fault and we made need to organise a replacement. If there's no signal on your TV either, than that's an aerial issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Peter,

I already have a second STB which works fine except for FTA.  The arial setup is exactly the same for the Foxtel, which received all of the FTA channels, so its probably not the arial set-up.

ANy other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Silly,

I'm not sure I understand you.  The Foxtel STB was connected to the NBN modem and worked fine. I just plugged all of the same cables into the Fetch STB.

Our FTA channels are all digital so rooftop aerial donesn't come into the issue.  I've been through all of the settings and it doesn't ask for location.

Other thoughs?

0 Kudos