Searching...
Accepted Solution

Free to air channels on Fetch Mini without an antenna

[ Edited ]
Dabs1965

Can I get free to air channels on my Mini without an antenna?

Re: Fetch Mini

Davelew

Hi

No.

If your problem is you don't have an aerial and you have home broadband you could think about streaming live tv using the Freeview FV app and caring to your tv using Chromecast or a similar casting dongle

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Re: Free to air channels on Fetch Mini without an antenna

[ Edited ]
Dabs1965

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.  It turns out it is possible.  I reset the Mini back to factory settings and got it working.  There is a couple of seconds delay for it to 'load' but works reallt well.  If you look at the Fetch multiroom guide (not the Optus one) it is referenced in there.

Re: Fetch Mini

[ Edited ]
SillyGogo

Wow, I've learned something new today with fetch mini sharing the FTA signal via a Fetch Mighty/Gen2 box. To be fair to @Davelew the Mighty/Gen2 box must be connected to the antenna in the first place. So if you don't have an TV antenna any where in the home, then FTA sharing wont work. 

Here is the link for reference (pp10)

https://www.fetchtv.com.au/pdf/Multiroom_user_guide.pdf

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
34 Kudos
25 Kudos
15 Kudos
8 Kudos