Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jamdakin
New Contributor
New Contributor

Free to air channels not working

Have been watching free to air through my second Fetch box for years and have stopped working. Works fine on normal TV and smart TV in other room. I’ve turned off all equipment at power point, waited and turned back on. Still not working. What do I try now?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Free to air channels not working

Hey @jamdakin, thanks for reaching out. Free to air channels are not dependent on Fetch connections or broadband services, they are provisioned via aerial signals. If the issue was limited to Free to Air channels, it may suggest that the issue may be coming from a weak aerial or reception connection. 

I would recommend running through some Fetch Troubleshooting just to make sure that your set up was in spec. I have also attached some Free To Air Resources which will provide you with some more information on the channels as well as walk you through some essential maintenance. 

Should you continue to have issues after this, please send through your service details to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App and we will run some checks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Plug the Fetch in at the point where the other Fetch unit is located and see if you can get FTA channels there. After that do a soft and/or hard reset from the system menu) (hard reset deletes recordings.). If you still don't have FTA then its likely the Fetch tuners have failed (a note uncommon issue) and you'll need a replacement unit. Contact Optus and they'll send one out for free along with a return satchel to send the old box back in with.
0 Kudos
jamdakin
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @petergdownload

The other TV does not have a Fetch box.  My comment was more that Free to Air is working in the house so not aerial  problem.  Also, had been working fine for years & haven't unplugged or moved  anything. I suspect you are right re the Fetch tuners failing.  I'll try the hard reset.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ah. You just said 'second' fetch box.
0 Kudos
jamdakin
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, sorry.  I meant the seocnd box I'd had after first one died.  Just indicating that it wasn't too old and a newer version.  FTA working now.  Thanks for your help.