Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Free Fetch TV Mini during World Cup not free/ Billing Issues

Hi,

I was an Optus Sport subscriber before the World Cup. With Optus Sports issues during the tourament they offered subscribers, over a few days, to go into an Optus store and get a free Fetch TV Mini, which I did. The store initially didn't know about the offer, but they did manage to look it up and sign me up, but I have a feeling it wasn't set up correctly. They advised me there would be no no nett charges for 12 months, after which, I would be billed $20 per month if I didn't return it.

The first month I was billed for an Ultimate Channel back and a Hindi channel pack ($35), which I queried with live late and they credited. So I thought it was fixed.

Last month, I recieved the same charges. Which still haven't been sorted out. I tried live chat last week and they didn't know anything about the World Cup promotion and directed me to phone the 1800 230 158 Optus Sports line. Last night I called and they had to transfer me to Fetch TV and the phone cut out since they weren't open and today I was on hold for 45 minutes before I couldn't wait any longer. 

I managed to cancel the Hindi chanell through the box tonight but it won't let me cancel the Ultimate package, which I beleive is meant to be free/ credit each month for the first twelve months. 

Posting because everyone I talk to doesn't seem to know much about the promotion and it's all getting too hard to sort out and I kind of regret picking up the box, which I am actually really happy with.

Anyone else take part in the promotion or know who and when I can contact to get some clarity?

Many thanks,

Jase

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Free Fetch TV Mini during World Cup not free/ Billing Issues

HI @JaseB,

This is probably your best point for gettiung it sorted. There's quite a few posts here on billing error issues (esp. ones that are persistent.) It usually requires someone who can tie together multiple systems on the back end to ensure they're all in sync. Hopefully a mod can get your details and set it up to match the deal you signed up for

@Dan_C and @Toomey  

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Free Fetch TV Mini during World Cup not free/ Billing Issues

Hey @JaseB - sorry for our delay in getting back to you!

More than happy to have this one investigated for you. Can you please confirm your account number, full name and DOB via a private message? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos