Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SuePen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Foxtel from Optus

When is Foxtel provided by Optus being turned off?

We recently switched over to the NBN for our internet and phone service on FTTN and stayed with Optus as our provider.

Yesterday our Foxtel service was switched off without any warning. After it was turned off we got an email saying the service was suspended.

I called them and they tuned it back on for now.

You would think that we should have been informed of a date to switch it off so we could make other arrangements.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Foxtel from Optus

Hi there, @SuePen

Thanks for reaching out about your Foxtel with Optus service.

As you have changed over to NBN, this is why the Foxtel was turned off. Foxtel with Optus is only available to customers on the Optus HFC network.

To discuss this in more detail, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

SuePen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Our home is still connected to the Optus HFC network which is how our Foxtel is delivered.

0 Kudos
George_YC

Even if you still have the HFC cable connected to your home, if you've moved over to NBN, your Foxtel will no longer work. I'd suggest speaking with our team to discuss your options further. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
SuePen
New Contributor
New Contributor

We were given absolutely no notice that it would be disconnected.

What does it have to do with us switching to the NBN. Our Foxtel service is separate from our internet account. 

Tags (1)
Rob_YC

We recommend getting in touch with our support team via Messenger @SuePen. We'll take a look into what has gone on with the account and follow up further. 

New Contributor
New Contributor

Cool
0 Kudos
SuePen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Had to buy a new TV to work with an iq4 and will get Foxtel via satellite. These things take time so hopefully they don't disconnect us until I tell them too.

Heads Up : The Good Guys Electrical store are fantastic - you can get someone to install the TV and hook it up to the internet etc.