Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor BMR
Occasional Contributor

FetchTV very slow to repsond

Hi All

I have a FetchTV box that has been working well until the last couple of months. Now when we change the channel, select the menu, or just do anything the box takes around 2mins to do what it has been commanded to do. Then when it finally does what it was told, it then goes bersek catching up with all the button presses that you hit while waiting for the damn thing to anything.

We just want the thing to work 😞

What I have done;

1. restarted the box

2. run the diagnostics (nothing wrong)

3. soft reset of the box

3. checked the net for issues

4. found a video sync issue that could casue some sort of issue and fixed that

5. reset my Optus CG3000 cable modem

6. hard reset of the box (much anger from the wife for deleting her recordings).

7. rerun dianostics (still no issues)

8. Threaten to drown the thing in the bath

Box Info

Hardware: M605T

Firmware: 3.7.7975

Software: 2.19 Endeavour River

Buld Date: 29/3/2018

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Moderator Marie

Re: FetchTV very slow to repsond

Yikes! That's not good to hear @BMR, thanks for reaching out to us about this.

To confirm have you changed the batteries in the remote and/or tried the Yes TV By Fetch app as a remote to see if this works?

Could you please confirm the distance from the remote to the box when this occurs?

Have you changed this to see if it helps?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Re: FetchTV very slow to repsond. STB Lags

Hi @Marie

I have changed the batteries, i have tried the virtual remote (iOS). the distance that this is happening is only 2.5m.

I do not believe that it is a remote problem as I can see the setbox light up when the buttons on the remote are pressed and when the STB finally repsonds it then processes all the remote button presses that happened while we were waiting. IT IS A STB issue.

I timed the change this morning. 11mins to change from channel 115 to channel 116, 11mins!!!! that is totally unacceptable.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the details. Can you please PM me with your account number, full name, DOB and confirmation that you're the account holder? We'll need to raise this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

already sorted

What happened next was that the box had a 'Critical Hardware Issue' and I called Optus support (almost an hour in the queue).

What they told me was that I have an old Gen2 Fetch box which is not compatible with the latest Fetch software (2.19) and it crashes the HDD. Optus in their generous way are waiving the $99 fee for a new box and will send me a Gen3 #Winning.  

Apparently some Gen3 boxes have an issue with the DTV Tuner not working right, but the Optus techs are working on a fix for it and will update the box ASAP. Until then I have to use the TV for the DTV channels. #NotQuiteWinning

0 Kudos