cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: FetchTV remote replacement

The request is disproportionate IMO. However Optus seems to have recently ticked up with their security ID questions. The standard three are seemingly no longer enough. Licence ID is just one of many items Optus has about you in their ID database. 

FWIW you could provide the info but just change a number. If its a legit check against something they already know then they'll tell you it was incorrect. If its something else they'll just say thankyou and proceed.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Nome68, driver’s license seems like a little much.

We might request further information if we feel as if there might be a security concern.

Which service channel did you go through? For example,  live chat, over the phone etc. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

Regarding driving license number. This is due to Optus has introduced a new system which only proceeds with orders when a credit check is completed. For credit check completion certain information has to be added which cannot be retrieved or updated without the Account holder's permission, hence advisors are asking for the details.
All the calls which are made to and made by Optus are recorded there is no chance of misusing your information.

I work for the Optus TV & Content Technical Support team and provide advice on Yes Crowd voluntarily.
0 Kudos