Searching...

FetchTV regularly disconnects from Internet.

[ Edited ]
acrowau

Do other people have this issue where FetchTV disconnects from the internet on a regular basis?

Watching say TV via the Fetch box and all of a sudden the screen goes blank and the red circle keeps going around due to losing its connection.

Other times, the screen doesnot go blank and we get messages in the top right corner of screen 'no internet' the 'internet reconnected'.  This will continue for over a minute ... disconnected > connected etc etc.

All other devices in the home (mobiles, Desktop, modem) are all still connected without any lose/disruption to connections - only FetchTV loses it.

When the TV screen goes blank, we just have to wait for it to reconnect, as we can't exit from it to anything.

If the internet just does not reconnect, we pull the power cord and wait for a bit - Fetch powers back up - but not always reconnect to the internet, so we have to restart Fetch via settings and/or do a soft restart, which all frustrating as well.

Anyone have any thoughts?  (Mine is that Fetch is 'wearing out' and it's not even 2 years old)

Since typing the above, nearly 50min agao,  the Internet still has not reconnected after - turning Fetch off multiple times, soft reset and modem reboots !

Highlighted

Re: FetchTV regularly disconnects from Internet.

acrowau

ok, it reconnected 45 minutes ago - about 1 1/12 hours after losing connection.

Now .... it's disconnected again !!!!!!

Effing FetchTv is becoming very crap very quickly !!!

Ray_YC

How is it connected? Direct connection or WiFi? Have you tried the opposite of the other to determine if it's a WiFi issue?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

acrowau

Thanks for your reply Ray YC.

Silly me, I should have put that, but it is connected via WiFi.

Good  idea, I shall hook it up via an ethernet cord and see if it re-occurs.

If by chance there is no problem via a drect connection, any thoughts why there could be a Wifi issue? (considering nothing else in the house loses WiFi connection when the Fetch does). 

The Fetch box is only 1 1/2 rooms away, about 7 metres in a direct line.

Ray_YC

Hard to say, is it intermittent or happening at the same time of day/night.

As you suspect, it could be the Fetch box itself.

For further assistance with this, please chat with us.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
48 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos