Searching...
Highlighted

FetchTV channels

BlakeJ1987

Most channels in my EPG on FetchTV Mighty are coming up as unknown channel and information unavailable. Have done several resets and tested at a friends house with same outcome. I’ve also purchased a new FTA antenna, amplifier and cables, still the same result. I only receive ABC and SBS information in the EPG. 

Re: FetchTV channels

SillyGogo

hi @BlakeJ1987 this post might help 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/Fetch-TV-not-showing-program-guide/td-p/208172

is the box connected to the internet? Also, with the FTA antenna, is it a roof top type, how is the signal are you able to get all channels with good receptions?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

A bit strange as each networks broadcasts the full week EPG constantly. You need to be on the network in question for it to start populating though. Do you see the now and next program info for all channels.

Try a hard reset of the box but otherwise it would seem the box is defective (in a pretty unusual way)

I assume your getting good reception and can see all the other channels? Just not the EPG

Peter Gillespie

BlakeJ1987

I am able to pick up all channels and view them, just not record them. I’ve already done hard and soft resets. This is my second FetchTV box after I returned the first one for exactly the same reason 

BlakeJ1987

Box is connected to internet and I have a brand new antenna and new cables from antenna, antenna is a rooftop one. this is my second FetchTV box as I returned the first one for same faults. 

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Just not record them? That seems a piece of relevant information?

Just to confirm we are talking about the EPG for the commercial networks? 7, 9 and 10?

Not being able to record generally suggests a harddrive failure (unless you have a fetch mini which has no harddrive). 

The EPG issue is pretty weird. Can you see the EPG on your TV if you just plug your antenna into the TV and scan for channels.

As a background, Each network sends FTA TV in a single giant MUX. This mux is basically all the channels SD, HD, EPG, etc. all in a single stream of 1s and 0s. The tuner in the boxes simply looks in the mux and grabs the bits of data needed for what you are currently recording or watching. That's why if you have good reception on 7SD you'll always have good reception on 7HD as its all part of the same data stream (can't get one without the other). So if you are viewing channel 7 then you are definitely getting CH7 EPG data. Can't figure why its crossed over two boxes though (and a friends house).

This would  suggest the issue is with all the commercial network channels. Hence confirm your TV is getting the data properly.

That said its possible Fetch currate there own EPG so perhaps contact them directly and see if they can't suggest what the issue might be (perhaps its just your suburb etc.   contactus@fetchtv.com.au 

Peter Gillespie

BlakeJ1987

Yes, I got all the EPG data on my tv and through my old and dying Topfield PVR. 

I have only had the issue since I got FetchTV Mighty boxes. I’m on my second box and have the same issue. 

I live in in a rural area, I’m not sure if living rural would make a difference when my signal strength and signal quality are about 80%

petergdownload

Ah the Toppy. Smiley Happy

An amazing machine that I had a lot of fun contributing to the community (I wrote JustEPG if that means anything now days)

I'm honestly stuck on how to resolve your issue. You keep alluding to reception but if you can see the actual channel then reception is not the issue. As I mentioned, its possible Fetch is doing so curating so contact them and ask what's happening with respect to your post code.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos