cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here

Re: FetchTV - Issue with buffering

Hi @ArunJ, sorry to hear about your Yes TV by Fetch app issue. As you confirmed the content does not buffer when you stream through our 4G network directly and it only happens when you are connected through Wi-Fi this confirms it has something to do with the Wi-Fi signal or settings. Have you tried → basic troubleshooting like un-installing and installing the app again? How about switching the phone off and on. If the issue persist then you can speak with our Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kartika, 

I also considered that the problem may have to do with my WiFi connection. However, the fetchTV mini box is connected to the same WiFi connection as the phone and the content streamed through the box never buffers and the picture quality is always good. I even tested the phone next to where the box is located to rule out distance from the WiFi router as the cause. 

0 Kudos

In that case I would suggest to raise it with Tech Support either by clicking here or on the phone 131344 to investigate further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have this problem also. I would definitely call 131344 as suggested, to register the problem and receive a case number. If you have a new(ish) black Seagecom modem this could be where the problem lies? I haven't been able to access the Fetch app via phone/tablet wifi for almost 3 months.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I contacted tech support regarding this issue. Unfortnetly the solutions they offered were things I had already tried, such as re-installing application, restarting phone, testing internet speed on the device an so on. 

Just to recap, the FetchTV app continues to pause to buffer and the picture quality is poor when watching content on the app over my home wireless internet connection. When watching over Optus 4G the content does not buffer and the picture quality is good. It has been suggested that the issue is most likely to do with my home wireless internet connection, however I can stream the content on the Optus Sport app over the same wireless internet connection with no buffering and the picture quality is good. Furtehrmore, my FetchTv box is connected to the same wireless internet connection as the phone on which i run the FetchTV app. However, when watching content on the FetchTV box it does not buffer and the picture quality is good. 

For theres reasons I believe the cause maybe the settings on the app or on the phone itself. The phone I am using to run the app is a Samsung Galaxy S9. Being a new model phone I would imagine that the FetchTv app should be fully compatiable with the phone. 

I would appreciate any help regarding this issue and if you have experienced this issue and managed to solve it please let me know how. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Did I already point out that when you watch via 4G, you are going by an authorized route using a SIM that is enabled for unmetered TV, which points the download towards a special Optus cache that is different to the general Fetch cache that Telstra might use.

I did, but perhaps you ruled it out.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

The FetchTV box is using the same wireless internet connection as the phone on which I run the FetchTV app. If the issue was the general cache that Telstra was being directed to wouldn't the content on the FetchTV box also buffer as it is connected to the same wireless internet connection? 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Are you using Yes TV by Fetch, written by Optus, which gets 3.2* rating on Play?

You know their app never works.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Is it true that you have to watch adverts on Fetch all the time?

Someone needs to go over there with a gun.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I am using the YesTV by Fetch, writen by Optus, which gets a 3.2* rating on Play. 

0 Kudos