cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Fetch

I did NOT order Fetch.

I am posting my email to Optus here for the ‘record’. It appears that systemadmin@optusnet. com.au and enquires@optus.com.au are not server available for ‘replying’ or emailing directly. I have yet to have a response from X@optus.com.au. Trying to get an answer and resolution through Chat online proved futile (clearly too many departments with one department not knowing what the other is doing nor keeping records on the customer’s account). Phoning is useless given the over 30 minutes wait time!

So for the record:

I received from Optus yesterday an email and an SMS advising me that my order for Fetch is on its way.

I did NOT order Fetch and am making it very clear here that I will not be liable for any billing.

Today I received an SMS and email providing me with the activation code.

If Fetch is delivered to me, it will NOT be returned to Optus at my cost.

I also cannot understand how Optus can claim an order placement from me without any order number.

Perhaps Fetch  is a complimentary gift from Optus for all the ongoing saga they have caused, but this has not been stated, so I assume not.

Nevertheless I state publicly that I take no responsibility for the Fetch device and any billing and will not be held liable.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch

Ok.

Is this something out of the blue or did you just start/renew a new internet plan of some sort?

Are you on the NBN?

A Fetch Mighty is included free in some optus plans (currently the $90 a month one). Plan drops to $70 a month without the Fetch.

The Fetch Mighty is always a leased device (i.e. Optus own it) and if you don't want it standard pratice is to be sent a satchel for you to send it back in. 

It should definitely be much easier to get in contact with someone though. Email is definitely not recommended btw. Try LIVECHAT on line if you haven't all ready. They should be able to credit any $15 a month charge (if there is any) but you will have to wait until your bill formally arrives before it can be taken off.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Oh Peter, Peter

I seem to understand your suggestions. 

I recently did did a home transfer (broadband /ADSL & landline) and yes, the original expired plan was changed (but am not on a contract). You may recall my previous post where I vented my experience over this home transfer.

The point is, I did not ask for Fetch and did not order one. I should not be receiving anything unless I asked for it. But no one on chat was able to address my enquire yesterday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Geom, didn't recognise you for a moment. Smiley Happy

Undoubtably the plan changing has triggered something. Yep its a stuff up and yes its proving harder to put right than it should. When you do finally get in contact with Optus (they're out there somewhere) then they'll send a return satchel on request (on no account try return it to a store btw)

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Peter.

I took the plunge and phoned and while the wait time was the standard 30 minutes, finally got through and Fetch is now cancelled. Not surprisingly, the rep was unable to explain this balls up but thankfully he has fixed it. Thanks for your assistance once again.

George

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Note it seems likely you will still recieve the Fetch if its already on its way. It will also appear on your bill until returned. You will need to arrange a return satchel from Optus which could take a few goes. 

But hopefully it is completely cancelled as you've been told.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos