cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor bofarrell
New Contributor

Fetch tv

Any one have problem with ther fetch box antana for feee view channels optus told me its a common problem for antana plug to be faulty said tech are trying to fix the problem still not fixed and going on over 12 months 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch tv

No its not a common problem. 

Most likely its an issue with your reception in your house. 

Generally Optus will send out a second Fetch box on request so you can confirm if it was and issue with the box or in your home.

Note that when you request it, any recordings on your current fetch box will be immeadiately deleted.

If the issue is in your home reception then we can suggest several ways to fix that.

Have you tried taking the Fetch box to a friends and seeing if you can tune in FTA channels at their house?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor bofarrell
New Contributor

They were to send me out a new box 9 months ago never did not problem with house as works fine on tv but won't work on box have been in contact with them again in the last couple of days still wont give me new box went through every option with the tech team even went out and got new cables still not working they told me the box was faulty still wont replace box this is happening from day 1 and this is the second house  was told there is a new box coming out in the future because of this problem and they will contact me when it comes out and give me a new box but cant give me a date they keep on passing me around to different sections of call teams and say they will ring back but never do 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds like things are getting confused in the efforts to diagnose the problem.

All optus customers lease their FetchTV boxes (i.e. Optus own them, we don't). This means though that as soon as one is faulty it just gets swapped over (you're paying for the service, not the hardware). Forget about what they've said and just tell them:

1) Its been 9 months since you were promise a replacement

2) You have done all the diagnostics many times (cables, reboots, etc.)

3) You have tried the box in two completely different locations

4) The TV works fine.

5) You've been told by Optus Techs that the box is faulty.

All of this should easily add up to them sending out a replacement box. Optus can't just say its broken but we'll let you know when we want to fix it. You are also possibly paying a monthly fee for the box (although Optus may also be recrediting it down to $0). You should be able to get that refunded for the past 12 months if there's been any expense

I'll flag a mod as well as they may be able to see why a box hasn't been sent out a long time ago. @Toomey

Regards

Peter Gillespie