Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Fetch tv unable to connect to internet

Geoff146

hi

can you help with any info on connecting thru my home wirelesss broadband,,on the set top box diagnosis its all connected ,keep getting error messages saying streaming error,,tried the soft factory reset over 6 times,and fetchbox restart numerous times,,it still comes up with ""streaming issue please check internet""

any solutions greatly appreciated

Re: Fetch tv unable to connect to internet

Davelew

Hi

From your post I would understand you fetch box is not near enough the modem to connect by Ethernet cable which is the preferred method.. How far from the modem?

If you can would be worth trying the fetch box by wifi as close as you can to the modem. Should prove if there is a problem with the fetch box wifi. Still problems try to connect by cable even if you have to move a tv to do it.

Then you could also perform a hard reset.

Otherwise a call to Optus to for a faulty fetch box.

Dave

Geoff146

have tried both ethernet cableand and wifi ,wifi is about 1metre from the set top box and has been closer ,box has been activated and registered,software has been updated  at least 3 times during the soft rest ..the Optus tech say the same thing,,unplug ,reset and so on...i have been trying since thursday to watch 

Davelew

Geoff146

just tried this ,1st time same message as before,2nd time it has loaded 2.15 Alpine software update and same message again

Davelew

Hi

Sound you've done all you can. I would request replacement fetch box

Dave

Solution

Geoff146

thanks everyone for your input...finally spoke to a tech from optus today and fixed the issue..YOU CAN'T GET FETCHTV ON HOMEL WIRELESS BROADBAND//// .when i signed up for yes  fetchtv  explained to the sales person i have very little signal on my home wireless broadband..and none on my mobile phone ,unless i drive 8kms into town  and was told numerous times to ring the tech and explain what is happening..drive the 8 kms  to get phone signal and get told you need to try this and that ,drive home again.and tried every day ...8 trips for phone signal...12 calls to optus (over 200 minutes on hold mostly))(, and 8 resets  and full resets ,to finally be told today you need to get a phone line put in...i asked him if optus will do that seeing that the closest connection is 7 kms away (there answer wqas ring the sales team))....you would think that sales and techs would talk to each other or at least keep updated ....thanks again for the ideas that the yes crowd supplied

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
14 Kudos
5 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos