Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Wilko1983
New Contributor

Fetch tv remote broken

Hi there my fetch remote has broken the lights are flashing but it's not responding. I have tried to reset by this didn't work. How do I change the channel with out the remote 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch tv remote broken

I believe there's a Fetch App you can put on your phone that might work.

Contact Optus tomorrow and arrange a replacement. If it just stopped working then it will be free. If you busted it then its $10 or so.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi 

Peter is correct that the yes tv app for fetch can act as a remote. The only problem is you need a code from your fetch box to link the app and if your remote is not working you can't get to it.

Optus support may be able to assist.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

see if your neighbour can let you borrow their to activate the fetchtv app. 

Give this a try, haven't tested it myself. Use the fetchtv app eg on an Ipad, when ask for the activation code, it is the same code as your fetchtv activation code. Once activated, the use the remote on the Ipad.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I believe you can see your fetch activation code on MY ACCOUNT. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Erika007
New Contributor

Does anyone know where in my account it is? I have gone to services and can’t seem to find fetch in my services at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Login to My Account dashboard>click on downward arrow against your broadband service>click fetch

You will then see your activation code.

Dave

0 Kudos