Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch tv not activated

Received new Fetch TV Box a week ago. When plugged in comes up with Fetch Box not activated.
Checked network settings and internet is connected, old Box works when plugged in. Over the past week I have called Optus on at least four separate days, multiple times. I keep getting passed onto other people, disconnected or advised that this will be raised to second level.

I have tried Hardware reset, I have tried setting up over wifi instead of ethernet connection but not successful.

I have received activation code but can not enter anywhere. Mentioned that I believe that the box is faulty but this keeps being ignored.

Can someone please assist as this is beyond a joke.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch tv not activated

I had the same issue one month ago after they replaced my original Fetch box, which was destroyed by a lightning strike . The replacement was a refurbished unit, the same old model as the original, and it booted up exactly as you've described. I contacted them through their chat-line (the only way I ever seem to get an intelligent response), and they immediately dispatched a new, latest model (non-refurbished) unit. It booted normally, I inserted the authorisation code and was good to go. They did add $99 onto my next bill, but I believe they are going to reverse that , after I protested.
Good luck, but I do recommend you jump on their chatline , rather than try phoning. I always keep a written record of the interaction. They used to email it to me after the conversation but don't do this anymore.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch box not Activatable - on switchover to NBN from ADSL - Unclear comms from Optus regarding Fet

Very similar issue with me - on switchover to NBN from ADSL - Unclear comms from Optus regarding Fetch Box change.

In this scenario, I switched from ADSL to NBN, as you have to do. I opted to stay with Optus …..hmmmm

It was unclear when ordering (at a retail outlet)  if Optus would need to send me a new box. All correspondence indicated that they would (my existing one is 4 years old), and advice online is to allow 10 days for delivery of same.

Well after 5 days, I checked My Order tracking, where I discovered it stated that I was done and dusted. When I queried this on Optus chat, I was told for the first time that I am to reuse my old box.  I had not been doing this as I was lead to believe I was getting a new box. I had also received an Activation code in my email, and when I started the old box (just to see) there was no place to enter an Activation Code. So I had been truly left to stroll down the garden path.....

Now I have to talk to Fetch Technical Support, to see if I can get this resolved.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch box not Activatable - on switchover to NBN from ADSL - Unclear comms from Optus regarding

That's pretty strange - there's no reason why your old box should not have worked as before. It doesn't know (or care) how you are connected to the internet. Sounds like they must have done a firmware upgrade to your old box around the same time as the transition to the NBN.
I wouldn't be too fussed about getting the later box. The only diff I could see was that it does have integrated Wifi, but you do lose some rear AV connectivity. I had no need for either of these features, so it didn't matter. The New Remote has a few handy extra features, but I really would have been just as happy with the old Fetchbox if it hadn't failed.
0 Kudos