Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch tv, movie download takes 4 hours

Hi all, I have been trying to contact Optus for a few days now to ask if they can look into my problem. I am unable to speak on the phone, they have told me via live chat that the only way someone can help me is via a phone call. This seems like an unacceptable answer to me given the world we live in today.

I have tried the live chat box at least twice, I have tried the trouble shooter, I hace scoured the website for a contact email address, I have been messaging via the Facebook page for 4 days but not one reply. I am posting here hoping someone from optus sees this and can help me.

The problems: I want to purchase a movie via my Fetch TV set top box. It says it will take 3-4 hours to be ble to watch. Its not exactly "on demand" movies.... Also, I regularly get the message "streaming issue" and the streamed chanels freeze up. When I say regularly, this is 20 or more times a day....

I believe I am on a 25Mbps plan, I have been speed testing several times a day over the past week. Most of the time I get 22Mbps using "ozspeedtest". If I use the M-lab test, I get around 7Mbps. These tests are using wifi on my phone.

I have a Fetch Mighty, and a Gen2 box which are run using powerline adaptors.

Optus, Please help me.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch tv, movie download takes 4 hours

It sounds like there's an issue with the connection to your Fetch box. The power adapters may be providing much slower speeds to your PVR than you realise. Try connecting the Fetch via your wifi or better still run a cable ($5 from MSY) straight from the modem to the PVR and see if that helps. The Fetch PVR also has a diagose option is its settigs, what does it say?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors