Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor gjh1967
New Contributor

Fetch tv mini stuck on network setup

Hi all

Just received Fetch TV mini free with new phone bundle.

Ive put in my wireless settings and password and screen wont go past network setup. i can go back 1 screen which shows 4 white ticks indicating its connected to network/internet/service. At the top of that screen it still says im not connected to internet.

Is it a requirement of the mini that it be connected to a antenna cable. Just cant get to any other menu other than network. Starting to get P@@@ed off with this device.

Cheers

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch tv mini stuck on network setup

@gjh1967 Sorry to hear about your struggles 😞 Are you able to go to Menu>Manage>Settings>Device Info>Options>Restart and see how you go? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor gjh1967
New Contributor

Hi Shauna.

I cant access any menu other than the network one. No other buttons work. I did try a hard reset in case a buggy setting was the problem, but its doing the same thing.

It appears to save the wireless password and grab an IP on my network. gets the 4 ticks which to me indicates that its connected to the Fetch service, but thats all it does. It just sits there. If you turn it off and then on, you have to go through the whole setup again as it hasnt remembered any settings.

I can set up Kodi boxes, large networks but this has got me stumped. For such a small box it appears to be a huge pain. What do i do about it not having any passthrough for the antenna coax.

Cheers

Glenn

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hmm, we might need to schedule in a replacement 😕 Please call our TV & Content team on 1800 230 158 so we can run some further tests. Let me know how you go? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor gjh1967
New Contributor

Pete

Will do when i get home this arvo.

Cheers

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

OK, keep us posted on how you go? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor gjh1967
New Contributor

Ok

Got home and attached the antenna Coax in case that was an issue. Wrong (no change)

Had to re-enter my wifi details as there not remembered.

Fetch obtained IP in  my range.

i went back to main network screen and the 4 white ticks come up ok

wifi connection

ip address detected

Internet Connectivity

Service connection.

small revolving white circle in  middle of screen churns then stops.

Cant access any other menu item other than network setup.

I can go back to my connected wifi and select advanced and see serial number of box and all other wifi related info.

I can ping the fetch from my laptop with great results.

Yet cant get past the network screen.

Im glad i didnt pay for this as i would be dissapointed.

Where can i get another box to ntry.

Cheers GlennIMG_2551.JPGIMG_2551.JPG

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey Glenn, send us a PM with your account details and DOB so we can organise the replacement for you. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Avinash
New Contributor

Hi Glenn

I am having the exact issue that you had here but with the full Fetch box. 

What was the resolution for you?

I haven't spoken to Optus yet about it as I am waiting for the NBN connection which happens next Tuesday.

Thanks

Avi

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Avinash, thanks for reaching out!

I'm happy to try and offer a bit of guidance. Just so I'm on top of your issue, you've received a Fetch Mighty Set top box that was included in your Optus NBN bundle or you're using a Fetch device that's connected to another service such as mobile or existing ADSL or Cable broadband service? If you've received Fetch as a part of your new offer, you won't be able to use the service until the NBN service is active and being billed for. 

If that isn't the case and you're using a set top box that was attached to an existing service then we'd first need you try a soft or factory reset. Instructions for both can be found in the below threads. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701

Keep in mind that by doing a hard reset and following these instructions this will remove any recordings you currently have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy