Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MoniT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch tv in holiday house

Hi, We have fetch mighty box only. Live  in Brisbane. We’re looking at going to North Qld during the soccer World Cup for a week and it is vital we have acces to watching the games. Can we get a mini and take it to use in the holiday house (assuming the internet speeds are good enough)? I’m pretty sure the Interntet Service Provider at the house we will go to is Telstra.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JordanOptus
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch tv in holiday house

Hey MoniT, you'd absolutely be able to do that 🙂 Just bare in mind anything watched on it would count towards the data usage with the ISP there.

0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi @JordanOptus

Can you confirm you are able to connect an Optus Fetch box to Telstra internet, my understanding was it had to be connected to Optus broadband.

When we have been away to watch Optus Sports on the TV I have always used chromecast to cast from my phone.   This allowed me to use the wifi of the hotel or similar holiday accomodation.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Davelew - yes, we can confirm that you're able to connect an Optus Fetch STB to Telstra Internet. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi @Shauna

I am really surprised as Iwas interested in using Vivid wireless broadband (Optus) and saw this post which quite clearly says it has to be Optus.

Dave

Dan_C

@Withy, the following has been taken out of our FAQ's for Fetch eligibility/compatibility.

YES TV BY FETCH: AVAILABILITY & PURCHASE

What do I need to connect Yes TV by Fetch?

• An Optus Home Broadband service (Cable, DSL Direct, DSL or NBN) or an Optus Postpaid Mobile Phone service
  • A Cable, NBN or DSL modem / router with a spare Ethernet port if using a Powerline adaptor
  • A minimum Home Broadband speed of at least 3 Mbps
  • An existing, roof-mounted, Free-To-Air TV antenna (needed for free to air channels)
  • A widescreen television

I believe the reason that it's limited to the above the products is due to mobile Network capacity. Simply put both Home Wireless and Vivid wireless are available in areas where we offer access to the 2300 MHz spectrum. In order to offer a consistent experience, measures are put in place to ensure there's enough bandwidth to service our customers. You're probably familiar with the term, “The Netflix effect."

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Davelew I think the wording can be a little clearer but my understanding is that the Fetch box has to be associated to a fixed broadband service (or in the case of a mini a fixed BB service or postpaid mobile) but it doesn't need to be connected to it to work. As in, for the Fetch service to activate you need to have the service on your account, to actually make use of it once it's activated it can be connected to whatever you want. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Davelew - To clarify, the initial purchase of a STB you will be required to have a Optus Broadband connection, however to use the service, you don't necessarily need to use it with an Optus connection. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Thanks for the clarification @Shauna.

Last query, does that mean you can use vivid wireless broadband with a fetch box?

Dave

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

That's correct. 🙂

0 Kudos
MoniT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for that!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors