Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Eskimo93
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch tv and streaming.

Hi need some knowledgable help. So i know u can stream/watch on the fetch tv box n phone but can you use the box like a wireless mirror cast/chrome cast device?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch tv and streaming.

Hi

Chromecast is the way to go.

Miricast just mirror what you have on your screen, and is not supported by IOS.  Because it just mirrors your screen you do need an android tablet to obtain a resonable picture.

Whereas with Chromecast you can cast to your TV from Android or IOS, using a smart phone or tablet, and the Chromecast dongle acts like a transmitter between the streaming service and your tv.

Chromecast is supported by mnay streaming apps, such as Netflix, Stan, Freeview and not forgetting optus Sport

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

You can only cast from apps that are already on Yes TV by Fetch (YouTube, Netflix, Stan etc). There is no functionality to mirror your phone.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Eskimo93
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thankyou thats exactly what i wanted to know.

Im going to get google chrome is there much difference in the 1st or 2nd one?

Also whats the android box like was thinking bout getting it for my brother?

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

There's not a huge difference between the 2 models. I have a Gen 1 in the lounge and Gen 2 in my bedroom, couldn't notice a difference with general use.

Wouldn't be able to comment on the Android Box though I'm afraid, yet to have some hand on experience with one.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dawesi
New Contributor
New Contributor

You can mirror using 'smart view' to chromecast on android using the fetchtv 'fetch mobi' app on your phone. (aka phone mirroring)

works beautifully off my galaxy s7

Just make sure you plugin in your phone to usb charger as it's streaming off your phone to the chromecast as well as from the internet.

Eskimo93
New Contributor
New Contributor

So I now just have the latest chromcast setup to my t. So I got youtu d fetch netglux can mirror my phone what are so.e other useful apps and also can I somehow now get fetch and connect that to my Chromecast?

0 Kudos
Dawesi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just realised on android that when you push play on a show, you can just click on the chromecast icon (top right of the screen) and your chromecast can pick up the stream (without mirroring your phone)

0 Kudos
Cgomez162
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

My TV only has 1 HDMI port which currently is connected to the Yes Optus Fetch Box set, I want to install a Google Chrome Cast so I can stream things from my phone but that also requires a HDMI cord. I bough a double HDMI Adapter thinking I could just connect both the chrome cast and the fetch boxset to my TV but that didn't work.

Any help would be great 🙂

Catherine
0 Kudos