Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch top box not working on antenna fta

Hi,

Our Fetch top box has suddenly stopped working with Free to Air channels, I have tried reset, search diagnose, all to no avail.

When it did stop the plugs for the antenna / tv feed was hot?

the box is working with streaming, connects to tv via HDMI. No faults when do a diagnostic, no FTA search is perform due to no signal?

We can't contact anyone to replace the box?

help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch top box not working on antenna fta

Does the antenna work when plugged into the TV directly?

If so then request a replacement box (and a return satchel for your current box). You should be able to leave a message on the Optus Mobile App (but its low priority and will likely take a while for a response). Note that once requested the box can be remotely deactivated at any time (either disconnect the box from the internet or risk it)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

optus mobile app been trying for last few days to no avail.
I did read your conversation with HMX?
Same problem
just a query is it possible to change over the hard drive in them to preserve the recorded shows ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Fetch boxes are actually a relic from the "Freeview" era when the networks allowed some PVRs so long as they had a lot of security built in and couldn't skip ads. So no swapping the drive isn't an option.

One smart user found a possible way though. Not sure if you're up to it or have the PC? (Note I have seen the files in Windows Explorer on a PC on the same network as a Fetch box)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

With thanks to @torcrot

- Done this using Directory Opus https://www.gpsoft.com.au/ (not confirmed with with Windows File Explorer.)

- The Fetch shows up under Network Locations.

- Right-click on a file and choose "Open With" in the menu - VERY IMPORTANT to choose this option,.

- Then select VLC media player (already installed on this PC)

- The file then saves to a location like: C:\Users\Your_name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\EFXP6G7C

-While it is copying you can click on the destination folder - in this case \EFXP6G7C and see the saving file.

- It is IMPORTANT to click on the Destination Shortcut (The Blue link shown in the image in this instance QD81P9VX) while the file is transferring, otherwise the destination 'folder' is impossible to locate.

- Once it is copied VLC opens the file and plays it, but it is also possible to go back to Directory Opus and save it to a permanent location on your PC or network..

- Now copy the .tts file from the destination to a permanent location while VLC is playing it, as it is only available during the time VLC is playing it.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'll give it ago thx
I'll try the software and attach external HD for transfer or place it on my NAS drive
Just need Optus to answer on FB to get the new one moving and a return pouch
0 Kudos