Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch stuck on “starting”

I was having the usual internet connectivity issues on my Fetch Box, so I reset the box, as this usually helps. It restarted, went to “Preparing systems” page, but is now stuck on “Starting”. It’s got half way there, but then stops and doesn’t move! I’ve tried restarting many, many times but nothing happens.

I’ve ran a speed test and internet speed is ok, so not sure what is happening.

HELP!

Tags (3)
5 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch stuck on “starting”

Having same issues, I have now replaced 4 boxes. major problrms with fetch box as I know 3 other people same issuess, boxes getting froxen, green screen etc.. sometimes working, sometimes not, taking up to 30 secs to start when it does...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is a problem, which also just emerged for our fetch box. The "Starting" progress bar, gets to about 90% and then freezes. I manage to bypass the grey screen, to where the free TV channels, are streaming, but no menu page to other options. So nothing on the remote control works either.

I've also tried restarting multiple times - either just the fetch box alone, or the fetch box and internet modem, together.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there christou,

How long have you had your Fetch box for?

Have you tried doing a soft and if necessary, hard reset? The latter does delete all recordings.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've had the original box for 3 years. As an update to my original comment, I was able to perform a soft reset. Well, almost. It got stuck on the diagnostic: testing streaming TV online. Which reflected the original issue I was having at start-up. After an online chat with optus, and determining it wasn't an internet issue (as other devices were working on the same wireless router) I was redirected to the fetchbox technical department. It was determined my Generation 2 fetch box, needed replacing. 

It arrived very promptly, and the new unit is working as it should. I will not be charged for replacement, so long as I return the old unit with appliccable cables, in the reply paid envelope, supplied. Within a month. Otherwise I get charged a no return, $200 fee. Which is reasonable. So it was resolved in the end, by replacing the old unit.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know what the issue was in detail, it's very much appreciated.

Pleased to hear of the good outcome 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos