Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Fetch streaming

Kdog1

On my second fetch box since changing to nbn 2 months ago and having the same issue as the first one that got replaced, I cant stream any internet channels pop up box say low bandwidth, netflix it basically unwatchable and stan wont play.  It worked fine for about 2 weeks then this.  Speed test on house is anywhere between 20-45.  Fetch is hooked up by lan adapters and there is nothing downloading etc at same time to cause any issue.  Please help, im at my wits end.

Re: Fetch streaming

SamSam

Have the Ethernet over Power adaptors been tested/replaced? How are you testing the speed? Via WiFi or through the adaptors? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Kdog1

No have not replaced adapters tried to test the connection with no luck.  Speed test is both wifi and through ethernet via desktop, cant even get enough out of the connection to get a speed test running through the fetch box.  I just don’t understand how its fine for 2 weeks then turns crappy, exactly the same thing happened with the first box 2 months ago.  Would having it run through a network point help?

Solution

SamSam

It's really hard to say for sure but from everything you've said, the only thing that hasn't been tested and is the common denominator is the powerline adaptors. If it's at all possible I would connect the Fetch box directly to the modem via ethernet to rule them out (or confirm they are the issue). 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Kdog1

Hi, yes I think you may be right.

I have got the box up and running on wifi all be it very badly but now it wont register a connection via ethernet on the power line adapter.

Thanks

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos