Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sando04
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch streaming issue

We have just got 5G in the house ( much better than NBN) but the new fetch box that you have to get I keep getting the streaming issue message in the top right corner. I thought it may have the distance from the modem but I have moved the fetch closer (from 10metres to 3metres ) and the same message issue occurs and with no vision of shows. I have done all the soft and hard resets. The fetch is telling me that wifi is good but I still can’t see any streamed shows. Help?????
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: Fetch streaming issue

Hi @Sando04,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your Fetch service.

We'd recommend checking our support page on Troubleshooting Fetch streaming/download issues.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Sando04 I would do some wifi speed tests from your phone using 5G modem when you see the problem so you can see if the issue is a speed or a connectivity issue.
0 Kudos
Sando04
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Speed is not the issue. Loving the 5G.
It appears connectivity
Sando04
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi yet done all of the above and still nothing.
0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

I'm sorry to hear that, @Sando04.

Could you confirm if you've had a chance to chat with our Team of Experts via the My Optus App?

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a private message to Optus on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sando04
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Someone has rung me from some Optus Fetch team and advise to get a wifi extender. But as today shows when I move the box to right next to the 5G modem it’s not streaming therefore there is no connectivity.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Redo/check the network settings on the fetch box. Seems like the fetch box might not have a proper IP address or it has an incorrect gateway IP address.
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Thanks for doing some further troubleshooting @Sando04.

As the given troubleshooting links haven't provided any improvement, we would suggest reaching out to the Social Media team if possible. This can be done as @Sarah_YC mentioned above -  by sending a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app. 

The reason we suggest this, is because further assistance requires more account based information - which we are unable to gather via this platform. 

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So not much better than the NBN then?

When you say shows are you talking about FTA TV (i.e. ABC, Channel 9 etc.)? These have nothing to do with the modem and are broadcast separately (you need an aerial)

If you're talking streaming Netflix then try plugging the Fetch box into a wired connection as a first test.