cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch remote can't change TV source?

Hi,

I have a fetch TV box with a v2 remote. I've set up the remote to talk to the TV and the power and volume buttons work fine. However the AV button only brings up the source menu but doesn't appear to have any way to scroll through the list or actually change the input source. It just turns the source menu on and off. 

I have a Hisense 50" TV. Does anyone know if there is a way to change source? It would be great to only have one remote but at the moment I need to keep the standard TV remote too so I can change source. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch remote can't change TV source?

Sorry to say phyllis_ave, but we'd only be able to provide support for using the Fetch remote with Fetch. Perhaps the instructions on Fetch TV page here can provide some direction to set this up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can someone comment if this is normal? I think I must be missing something simple because surely there is a way to scroll through the Source menu using the Fetch remote, otherwise why would it have a button to bring it up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @phyllis_ave, as Shae mentioned above this isn't something that we can shed a light on - hopefully one of your fellow Yes Crowd champs can share their input soon. Let us know if there's anything else we could do for you here 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’m having the same problem with Samsung tv...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hopefully @FetchTV can help?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey,

Unfortunately it's not possible to change the TV source with the Fetch remote on all TVs.

On some models it works if you press the 123 button and then the Av button when it's lit up and you can navigate to change, but not on all.

Cheers

Sue 

Fetch TV

New Contributor
New Contributor

The answer is...
press 123 button then AV.. then continue to press the AV button to scroll down
Thank me later

I just don't know how to press 'enter' to select my input haha
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

On some TVs ,pressing AV cycles through the available inputs and waiting a few seconds selects the new input. Some others insist on being different (Soniq) and need one button to pop the source , then need up and down and then a different button to press "enter". These don't map well into the single AV button on the fetch remote
0 Kudos
Top Contributors