cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Fetch recording repeats

Can Fetch please adjust their software to allow for repeats not to be recorded. It is annoying enough that stations are now repeating programs over and over but to have Fetch want to record them is stupid. My old Topfield allows for recording first runs only.

Yes, it is true if a show is already recordedand sitting on the HDD it will not record again. But this means I cannot delete it after watching it as it then WILL record again. So HDD space is needlessly used up until I can be absolutely sure the program will not be repeated (in the near future).

6 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Fetch recording repeats

Hi @Khun_Tilt,  I can certainly pass on any feedback. Is this happening even if you record a specific time (not a series tag)? Also can you send through an example with dates and times when this happens so I can let them know please? 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This happens when recording a series tag, which is when one would need to have the choice of only recording first runs. Manually setting a recording to a specific time would negate any need for such choice.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Thanks for your feedback, @Khun_Tilt. Please see this earlier post from Sue at Fetch TV Support regarding recording for series tags.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your feedback and the link. Unfortunately all this shows is this has been an issue for over two years. Why has it not been resolved? Is this another example of poor performance by Fetch like the YouTube app. If Topfield and Beyondwiz can skip repeats using the same network  information available to Fetch why can't Fetch. It seems Fetch has reached a  plateau as far as programming ability.

New Contributor Ckp73
New Contributor

I agree completely with the above. It is very poor customer service that fetch does not have the option to record first run only. To suggest that users manually set individual recordings rather using season passes is like suggesting they use a VCR. What is the point of this technology if it can be utilized. I have taken a step backwards movimg from Tivo, who have ended their contract in Australia, to Fetch. This is disappointing service from Fetch. I was literally stunned to see this was not an option. 

Tags (3)
New Contributor Jimmyb
New Contributor

I could not agree more.  This was a function I've used for 10 year-on-year my Tivo and yet it's not available on the 'more modern' Fetch Mighty.  can't believe it! Another reason I've been underwhelmed with the 'upgrade'. I'd have happily just continued using Tivo... 

Top Contributors