cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch random reboot netflix and stan

My Fetch box randomly reboots, mainly while accessing Netflix and Stan. It can be OK for a period of time and then reboots part way through a show. This happens at least once a day and often two to three times a day. After the latest reboot, every single recording I had on the PVR had the recording name changed to "Unknown Recording" so I cannot tell what any of the recordings are unless I click on them and watch them. So it is Russian Roulette when picking one of the 427 recordings. Do I need to do a hard reset and lose all my recordings and movies and TV I have paid for or do I ned a new box. V frustrating.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch random reboot netflix and stan

Soft reset?

I'd suggest the box is in trouble, possibly the hard drive. Its a leased box so you can always ring Optus and they'll send out a replacement for free. Note that you'll lose your 427 recordings at that moment. 

As you're a heavy Fetch user I would suggest you consider getting your own box. Its $300 from Fetch Direct with 2 year warranty on eBay. That would be yours to keep unlike this box which goes back to Optus if you ever leave them.

Highlighted

Re: Fetch random reboot netflix and stan

Hi @Jprop, sorry to hear about your Fetch service issue. You can try → Soft reset. If that does not help then try → hard reset. If the issue still continues then please speak with our Fetch support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos