cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch parental pin

Gone to use Netflix on my Fetch box today and when it’s asked for my pin. Which has not been changed, it’s saying that the one I’ve entered is not correct.
I can’t use the reset pin link as it takes me to an app that doesn’t work.
Come in optus what’s going on!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Fetch parental pin

Hi @Jondavidson, thanks for reaching out to us here and really sorry with the issue you've had. 

Fetch PIN is something that can be set or changed only by the user from their remote. By default fetch PIN should be  0000(Zeros).  If this doesn't work you can reset your device and that will change the PIN to 0000. 

To reset your device, you can follow these instructions → https://www.optus.com.au/support/answer?id=9826

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

That link was useless. Says that there’s nothing there?!?!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry for the hassle again @Jondavidson

Please follow these steps for device reset: 

To perform a soft reset on you Fetch box:

Soft reset:

1. Turn off your Fetch TV box and wait for at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on
  2. Within 2 minutes of restarting your Fetch box, press Red > Green > Yellow > Blue on your remote
  3. Keep pressing these buttons in order until the R or Paw light on the Fetch box starts flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on
  4. Once the Fetch box restarts, you will need to enter your activation code and complete the setup process

Hard Reset:

Performing a hard reset or factory reset on your Fetch box will clear all settings and remove any recordings you currently have on your Fetch box.

1. Turn off your Fetch TV box and wait at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on
  2. As soon as your screen shows Preparing System, press Blue > Yellow > Green > Red on your remote
  3. Keep pressing these buttons in the order above until you see the R or Paw light on the Fetch box start flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on
  4. Once the Fetch box restarts, you will need to enter your activation code and complete the setup process