Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
anaussiemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch not working with 4G

Paddle 

i had a gen 1 box for many years then when I cut my landline optus told me to upgrade my fetch to gen 2

I guess gen 2 is the mighty which I did and this continued to work fine with vivid wireless then when transferred to optus the mighty box stopped 

this being the case I will now contact optus and request my old gen 1 box or a mini until such time as I get NBN

does this should like a workable solution.?.

0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

If you dont have an active fetch subscription from optus (as you never own the boxes) they dont have to supply a service.

Fetch mini does not work on an optus mobile service, other box e. G. Mighty does. 

Gen 1 and 2 then it went to mighty and mini regards to models 

0 Kudos
anaussiemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

If I have a charge on my bill for fetch service then it’s obvious that I have an active service 

you stated in your reply earlier that the mini is the only box that will work with a mobile 4g

not you say the opposite 

I am very slow getting sucked into thinking that you know what you are talking about and I should have realised that I was talking to a robot

This seems to be another wast of time 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

No  i stated that the mini is the only fetch box optus bundles with an Optus mobile service. 

Numerous times i have stated that you cannot tether/use optus mobile data to stream fetch channels on the mini.

The Optus website tells you that you cannot stream fetch channels on the mini over the mobile network.

I am far from a robot. 

0 Kudos
anaussiemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Great thanks for putting my mine to rest you are a person 

so you state that the mini is the only fetch that optus bundle with mobile 4G data 

therefore the obvious question is why would optus bundle mini box if it does not work with mobile 4g data or does the mini work with 4G data ????

or am I missing something very obvious you say the mini is bundled with mobile data then you are saying that it works with the bundle with mobile data is this correct ????

0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The bundling with a mobile is for purely billing reasons. 

The website says you need a 3.5Mbit fixed line internet to use the fetch and that you cannot use mobile data. 

Fetch mini = no stream on mobile network

Fetch mighty = stream on mobile network.

I dont know why, but thats what is imposed by Optus 

0 Kudos
anaussiemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well that whole blog was exhausting to say the least now we are at the truth 4 g is a limitation that is imposed by optus its not that it won’t work as I have proved with vividwireless 4g and stated by Dave in previous texts 

optus charge me for a service that they refuse to provide simple as this 

I guess that you either work for optus or get special consideration for replying to angry customers hoping that optus can take the heat off themselves and you have the task uphold a good name for optus I can say that our chats has done nothing to change my mind you have outlined the truth 

we have wasted each others time you may get rewarded for your efforts in some way by people like me who pay for a service that optus WONT provide 

but I will Perdue this further with the ombudsman 

0 Kudos
mmarco
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

On the same subject...

I have Optus Mobile Broadband (Optus SIM in Huawei B525 wireless modem) - I use a shared SIM so this is NOT Optus Wireless Broadband (I purchased the Huawei B525 separately). With this setup I use Apple TV 3 & 4 streaming Netflix no problems (download speed is consistently over 50 Mbps).

Reading the posts below I understand an Optus-supplied Fetch MINI would not be supported.

What about a retail (eg Harvey Norman) outright purchased Fetch MINI? Would that work with my Optus Mobile Broadband setup?

0 Kudos
Ido_420
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

The information which you got is incorrect. Fetch Doesn't support 4G wireless networrk. For the fetch box to work, you need to have a fixed connection. Also you should get more than 3mbps of speed to use fetch smoothly.

Thanks & Regards,

Ido_420

Optus Fetch Team.

I work for the Optus TV & Content Technical Support team and provide advice on Yes Crowd voluntarily.