Searching...
Highlighted

Fetch not working with 4G

anaussiemate

I had vividwireless 4g service that was running my Fetch box perfectly and as of 1 march 2019 I was advised to transfer to Optus as this company was taken over by optus and my account would be automatically be transferred if i did nothing.

so I transferred to optus 4 g using the same modem and optus told methat there would be no change to my service and that fetch would continue to operate same as with vividwireless and guess what now the fetch service does not work.

i have read all the comments from optus and listened to all the same comment that fetch will not work with 4G service .

WELL I CAN CONFIRM THAT I HAD IT WORKING WITH 4G MODEM WITH VIVID WIRELESS SINCE 15 MARCH 2018

and now upon the advice from Optus I have changed to Optus only to be frustrated by this situation. the NBN will not be at my place for sometime so what can i do now. 

Do I try another 4G SIM in my modem I got from one technician that the frequency was the problem and if this is the case why cant optus just upgrade to ficx this problem.

obviously i have a service that i pay for and does not work 

can anyone suggest other option to get fetch working again using 4G

Re: Fetch not working with 4G

Ray_YC

@Davelew may be able to offer some guidance.

Otherwise:

A: You will need to call Optus for service support. Details will be provided in your welcome email. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Davelew

Hi

A little puzzled (as I often am) as I am sure it does work with the vivid wireless modem. I can't try with my old vivid modem at the moment as I haven't a data SIM for it. Connected my fetch box to the hotspot on my phone which is Optus 4g without problems.

My suggestion is to perform a hard reset on your fetch box and go through the settings to reconnect.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

You cannot stream Fetch channels over Optus Mobile. 

You could over Vividwireless as it was segregated and vividwireless provided the internet connection not Optus. 

The Optus Fetch product page has things like this at the bottom in important info (yes refers to the mini but applies to all) 

Fetch Mini cannot tether data from a mobile device which means you cannot use your mobile data to watch content from the Fetch Mini.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Davelew

My box is a fetch mighty @Paddylee and I have just had it working and streaming internet channels tethered to my mobile phone. Would the fetch mini be different?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

Fetch mini is the only fetch box that can be added to a mobile plan, hence why they state this restriction.

You can only get the mighty via a bundle plan with a fixed connection so they are expecting you to use that.

Personal fetch mini testing confirms you cant stream the fetch channels while tethered at all. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Paddylee

Is this a retail fetch box? Which model?

Vividwireless did not sell these at all. 

Vividwireless as a company was always owned by Optus, Optus purchased their predescessor called unwired in 2013.

Davelew

@Paddylee 

Looking at this link it is a little confusing as to whether you can use a fetch box with mobile broadband.

Where it says unmetered on Optus mobile network NA. I read that as you can use a fetch box on the mobile network but unmetered isn't offered.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/entertainment/tv-movies-music/fetch-tv/set-top-boxes

anaussiemate

Dave I also tried to connect the fetch on my optus mobile ph hot spot and it did not work this is very frustrating and after this case being escalated to a case manager I finally got a reply which was the fetch box will not work with optus 4G mobile data 

this is just not acceptable as I am now paying for a service that does not work 

optus have an obligation to their customers to ensure the ongoing working of their paid services 

this is very frustrating can someone make a suggestion seems that optus just need to flick a switch to allow 4g to work 

anaussiemate

I have the mighty fetch box someone indicated that the fetch mini would work with the 4g optus data is this correct 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
53 Kudos
49 Kudos
21 Kudos
14 Kudos
11 Kudos