Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch mini issues

So, all of a sudden our Fetch Mini doesn't wake up from standby after a few hours any more. 

It wakes up after a short time in standby, which is within 30-40 mins of being put on standby. I haven't done an experiment to see the length of time for it to start becoming unresponsive to remote control. 

When it becomes unresponsive I have to unplug it from power and plug it back, then it works again as per normal. This is most unusual and Optus has now sent me a new fetch mini twice! Same issue so it's clearly not a faulty unit... Or did they have an entire faulty batch that they happen to send me? Perhaps it has to do with the software that operates the unit? 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch mini issues

Hi there,

It's a not so common issue with the fetch boxes. Regarding your concern about the software, there will be new software update which will be rolled out probably by Monday. If that fixes the issue it's all well and good, if not then I suggest you do a Factory Setting Reset.
Doing a Factory Setting Reset will improve the interference. In order to hard reset you will have navigate through Menu>Manage>Settings>Device Info(ideally on the next screen of Settings)>Options> Factory Setting reset. Once you do hard reset you will also need the activation code which you can find in Device info> Options> Activation code (last option in that list)

Hopefully this should resolve the issue.

I work for the Optus TV & Content Technical Support team and provide advice on Yes Crowd voluntarily.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I don't know how factory reset can help when getting a new unit twice within a week doesn't help... I mean if it was a faulty unit, then a new unit should fix it right? If that new unit has the same issue as the old one then perhaps it's a coincidence that I got another faulty unit, but then Optus sent me a third unit, also brand new, and that unit also has the same issue as the old one and the 2nd one sent to replace it. Anyone with a logical mind would conclude that it's a software issue... I hope Optus can reach the same conclusion and tell Fetch to clean up their act with a fix asap! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Zappaflash,

Once your unit has done the software update, let us know if that made a difference.

@Ido_420 A hard reset/factory settings reset will cause the customer to lose all their recordings, right?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Software updated on Monday night and it's fixed the problem. I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue though. It seems impossible. Anyways, on my way to send the 2 Fetch mini boxes back to Optus... They'll be able to use them like new now with that software problem solved. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. 

Just checking you're returning them using a prepaid satchel Optus sent out to you? That is the only way to return them.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I'm using Optus prepaid satchels. 

0 Kudos