Searching...

Fetch mini interfering with Fetch Mighty free to air signal

Donles

We are experiencing interference issues with the free to air (FTA) signal on Fetch Mighty box when Fetch Mini in another room is being watched. Streamed tv is not affected ie Netflix and Stan, or any of the fetch channels. When we unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the mini, the mighty FTA signal is fine, and it is only the mighty that is affected, not the mini. 

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance....

Re: Fetch mini interfering with Fetch Mighty free to air signal

MiCCAS

Hey there,

It might be worth a bit of troubleshooting with the HDMI cable - were they supplied by Optus or are they BYO cables?

Do you have any other HDMI cables around that you can try? Given you can unplug the cable, but keep the unit running, it makes me think it's an issue with the cable itself.

Iā€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Fetch mini interfering with Fetch Mighty free to air signal

Donles

Thanks for the suggestion.  We've tried a couple of different HDMI cables that we have, it's just strange that it affects the signal going to the Fetch Mighty located in a different room.  It was never an issue when we had the Fetch Mighty where the mini currently is,  and Foxtel where the Mighty is.  Could the aerial splitter affect it?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos