Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Phil281
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch mighty not working

Hi. 

My Fetch Mighty TV box is intermittent.

I own this box purchased through Optus via my account.

I would like to replace this box along with a new Remote.

I have already spoken to your Head office in Manila they put me through to Mumbai in India, after 2 weeks I am none the wiser.

simple question & in English, who can I talk to to get this done?

Thank you.

why is this so difficult talking to untrained people?..

0 Kudos
9 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch mighty not working

Not really sure what you're asking for. You say you own the box - that's very unusual. You were on a plan years ago that included you getting the box? These days all Fetch units are leased only.

If you do own it then do you expect Optus to replace it for free? Do you want Optus to sell you a replacement? (They won't) Are you willing to be on a new plan that includes the Fetch box? (leased)
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Phil281 are you sure that you own the box ? Usually Optus Fetch box is owned by Optus and comes with a plan, if you are not on a plan that includes a Fetch box anymore, you are supposed to send it back to Optus or they could charge you for that box and you will not be able to use it anyway.

If you are on a plan that includes an Optus Fetch box, and it's faulty, then just call the Optus Fetch technical team and they will replace the faulty box (you will have to send the faulty one back to Optus via australia Post and Optus will pay for postage).

0 Kudos
Phil281
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Please stop with the “Cut n Paste” response as well as an obvious one.
We are all dealing with a company that has untrained staff, don’t understand & don’t care. India & Philippines should not be answering or trying to answer technical questions. They tick the box that a call has been answered then that’s all they have to do. But let’s not talk about the elephant in the room due to Political Correctness!!! I am & will be waiting for someone who can understand English to fix this problem. I am a realist after all!!
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sorry to say the only person who appears to be having difficulty with English in this thread is yourself Phil. You've been asked some straightforward questions and so far you've declined to effectively explain your situation or confirm exactly what you are looking for.

If your initial post is all you are willing to contribute then you have your answer - what you are asking for is not something Optus offer - Optus no longer sell Fetch boxes.

There are various other options I suspect you'd like but you'll need to engage with the forum.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Phil281, that is actually correct. If you bought the Fetch box through us then we own the box. If you cancel the Fetch service we will send a return satchel to send the box back to us. On the other hand if you bought the box outright from a retails (JB HiFi or directly from Fetch) then yes you own the box however in that case we can`t replace it for you. You will have to take it back to the retailer you bought it from.

If you bought the box through us and are having issues then then please speak with our Social media team by send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Phil281
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Obviously paid by Singtel to agree with no one but Singtel. I wouldn’t expect anything less. You know I’m right but to keep your job you will say “Anything “. I have now for what it’s worth, sent all dialogue & evidence to ACCC/TIO.
Have a nice day!
0 Kudos
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Phil281  I don't know what you mean about "cut and paste response" ?

We are trying to help you here, maybe if you explained yourself clearly, like how did you get the box in the first place, what sort of contract were you on, what sort of contract are you on now, what is the exact problem with your box,  you would get the answers you are looking for.

We are not working for Optus (except the moderators) , we are just part of a community trying to help each others.

I know, it is often frustrating to deal with Optus and there's a lot of stuff ups and I agree that the customer service call centre should be in Australia, but it's not and we all have to deal with it.

0 Kudos
Phil281
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have just been advised via email that Optus have sent me a 'Modem' ???

The reason for this (so I have been advised) is that when I connect the modem to the 'NBN' through Optus this will give Optus a 'Read out' as to the problems I am having with my 'Fetch TV' therefore Optus would be in a better situation to assist....all sounds great!....Problem is:

1. No one from Optus asked me if I required a Modem?

2. Had Optus asked I would have advised that I use a 'VOIP' Router 

3. Reason being: I have had & used dedicated 'broadband' now via a 1985 developed internet connection being: 'HFC Coaxial Cable', for well over 4 years now.

4. Delivering speeds from 415Mbps Download to 503Mbps Download with an upload of 47 - 56Mbps. Far greater than any NBN copper wire will ever perform!!

I will send it back as soon as received!!

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I'm beginning to see the frustration customer help might have dealing with you @Phil281. 🤔

You've been asked the same simple direct question multiple times by multiple people (in plain English). And yet you haven't been able to focus for long enough to form provide a coherent answer. Instead you've devolved into conspiracy theories with bluster and threats (Optus employee's are clearly identified) . Then you've headed down another rabbit hole about some dedicated link you've had access to. (FWIW HFC NBN is now available at 1000Mbps, so you're wrong there too.)

I suggest you take a deep breath, and perhaps try answer the questions posed instead of presuming no one else knows more than you. Its still unclear what your situation is and what you want.

0 Kudos