cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch mighty connection

Have Fetch Mighty suddenly it lost connection. Have Ethernet or wifi. Am at the Let’s connect screen Ethernet connection Connection status is check for cable, ipaddress, internet connectivity, service connection. But cannot get to Try to connect

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Fetch mighty connection

Hi PhilDrew

I'd recommend trying a soft reset, and then a hard reset if the soft reset doesn't fix it, to see if that will allow you to get this connected again. However if that doesn't sort it then it may need to be replaced, in which case this can be organised with our Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Note that a hard reset will delete any recordings. You can also try setting up a hotspot on your phone and seeing if the Fetch unit can see this (to rule out your modem being the issue)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

We lose Mighty internet connection at least once a week, sometimes more often. I tried resets, powering down, etc., but I found the best way to restore connection is to unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in again.

However, it can take hours before My Recordings shows up again on the Mini menu.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

That doesn't make much sense I'd say. The issue may well be with your local network. When the Fetch goes offline does any other internet equipment still work?
My first guess would be you have duplicate IP addresses for your equipment. Possibly two devices as a DHCP server or a fixed IP on one device that is in the DHCP server range.

You could try setting the Fetch and mini IP address to a static values (e.g. 192.168.0.60 and 192.168.0.70) see if that helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Nothing else appears to be affected.  

Looking at my "Who's on my WiFi" history log, the IP address used by the Mighty Box 192.168.0.092 hasn't been used by anything else.

I'll have to find out how to assign a static IP address.

DHCP is active in the Optus router connected to the NBN modem (both in the lounge room at the front of the house).  I have a second router at the other end of the house which is ethernet cable connected  into one of the ports of the Optus router. The Mighty is connected, via ethernet cable, to this second router which doesn't have the DHCP Server enabled.  The Mini (for the lounge room TV) is connected to the Optus router.

The Optus router supports the front of house, i.e., Fetch Mini, my wife's laptop and her printer, and any WiFi needs up there; the second router supports my computer room (Win10 desktop, Linux desktop, Win 10 laptop, NAS boxes, 2 laser printers, a hub, and a link to the workshop in the garage out back, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Aha, I've just reserved the IP address for the Mighty Box via the Optus modem/router, Very easy to do. I'll do the same for the Mini.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Fingers crossed it does the job,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Regrettably, it happened again even with an assigned IP address.
0 Kudos