cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor qqchrisjones
Occasional Contributor

Fetch maxi box not receiving remote control

Hi I'm just trying to install my new Fetch Maxi box.  Its downloaded a load of updates and then gets to a screen asking me to enter my actication code.  The problemn is that my remote control does nothing.  I hit all the buttons, nothing happens.

Now I'm sure the remore itself is ok (battery fine, red light comes on) - I've even tested it on my old Fetch Mini box and it works (theres also a re-assuring light that appears on the old mini box every time I hit a remote but this never occurs on the new Maxi box).

Any idea - am I being dumb here?  Is there a sticker over the IR sensor I need to remove or somnething?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch maxi box not receiving remote control

Try a hard reset, I've seen a few updates cause things to brick up. The good news is, whilst a hard reset wipes the stored data, given you haven't used it yet you won't lose anything.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the idea but no joy.  I tried this and nothing happens, it just sits there.  I suppose if it's not reading the remote control than a reset which required me to enter buttons on the remote isn't going to work.  I didn't suppose there's some combination of the buttons on the box I can push?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There are reset your remote instructions found on our Fetch Troubleshooting help and support page.

Let us know how that goes. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

🙄 Per the original message, there's nothing wrong with the remote itself.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Forgive me, I interpreted "the problem is that my remote control does nothing" as something wrong with it.

Alternatively there is Fetch Support or you'll need to contact us.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks will do.

0 Kudos