Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor RustyK
Occasional Contributor

Fetch - loss of 2 channels

Another 2 channels leaving fetch so my Variety pack will be down to 6 channels. What are you doing about this. SyFy was my favourite and the reason I got fetch.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch

Yeah, its a blow. For Fetch, Optus and us customers. You can thank Foxtel who I believe that has now got the rights to these channels. Also Disney+ might have a bunch of the content.

For now Fetch has just said nothing is replacing these channels. That may change (it might be reasonable for them to from the pack price down a $1 but I suspect they won't)

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor qwill
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch - loss of 2 channels

I know optus isn't responsible for fetch channel offerings but they do take a payment for providing the service. Many of us took up the offer based on the channels on offer. Without those channels the service ceases to be appealing for me particulatly loosing 2 out of the 3 channels that I watch. Perhaps offering a Netflix subscription or at the least a subsidised subscription would be fair compensation.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch - loss of 2 channels

I'm not sure that's really fair though. For $70 you get the base Optus NBN. For $20 more you get a FetchTV Mighty (worth $400) and free national calls and one free FetchTV Pack (Value $6)

Essentially what Fetch content you want to add is optional and up to you. (I run my Fetch with no Fetch content for free). As a month to month subscription package you can decide what is on offer is not worth your money almost any time.

I'd also put it under swigs and roundabouts. Fetch have added channels in the past and not increased prices so its possibly fair they don't have to decrease them either.

But its early days with subscription packages in general. People are really not aware that all the content they record or "buy" or even just subscribe to is now no longer their own to control. What is available can be removed remotely due to a number of reasons at any time. Perhaps this will evolve into consumer protections that offer some sort of compensation.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos