cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch keeps dropping out

@Charley25,

Let us know once that's been sent through and we'll take a look Smiley Happy 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Charley25
Occasional Contributor

Sent it and went to check 'Sent Messages' and it's not there?

I first received a message that it couldn't be sent due to 'hyperlink' so sent it again and message came up that I couldn't send again.

Strange...please advise if you don't recieve it.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, strange. It hasn't actually come through to my end.

I'll initiate the PM and you let me know if that's gone through. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, your iPad is registering speeds of 10Mbps but you're connection to Fetch is still hovering above the 3Mbps mark? It's odd that there's such a discrepancy. What's the distance between your router and set top box? Do you have a TV that's close to the modem at all? I'd be interested to see if your connection speed improves via a direct Ethernet connection to your modem. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for suggestions.

Just measured and it is 10 Metres, two walls, weatherboard house.

No I don't have a TV near modem/NBN, no TV antenna point nearby either.

Strangely, I didn't really have any problem with Netflix/YouTube streaming prior to NBN changeover.

Not sure how fast it was as can't check that on my LG smart TV.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, which Wi-Fi network are you connected to? I can see that you have a dual band A.C modem. You've got the option of connecting to the 2.4 GHz or the 5Ghz band. 2.4Ghz does perform better over longer distance however 5Ghz does transmit data up to 3x faster then 2.4 (at closer distances).

Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

Now you have lost me...Don't know how to change it.

Optus tech connected for me as I had just come out of hospital on crutches and couldn't connect myself.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Brock_E
RetiredModerator

Great to hear that this has been looked after by our Tech Support team, @Charley25. If you run into any further issues or have a question, please reach out. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Top Contributors