cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Charley25
Occasional Contributor

Fetch keeps dropping out

Have had Fetch Mighty for about a month and I have had to do a reset almost every day or so.  Only red light is on.

Have downloaded both the Wif-Fi and Fetch User Guide and gone through the process, works then reverts back to not working.

In fact when it does work, never had three blue lights only two.  The 'remote' light has never lit up, yet I can change channels and it seems to work okay except for volume some times.

Support not very helpful, pointing to problems with my TV but it works very well without the Fetch, including watching Netflix and YouTube.

Ran through diagnostics and no issues apart from 'low' WiFi (just connected to NBN), tried a power booster but it kept going back to WiFi.

Am really over it and think, I may contact Optus and send it back as not worth the trouble.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch keeps dropping out

Could be the NBN with loads of packet loss, or could be the Sagemcom router with rubbish wifi. See if you can test it on a phone hotspot.

Also see if you can run a large browser download without interruption.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=5842

What does speedtest.net return?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.

Speedtest:

Ping 10ms, D/load-23.92, U/Load 4.53.

Streaming is fine through just the TV, little buffering but when I connect through Fetch, diagnostic is about 3.53 download.

Am not using Fetch at the moment as sick of going through channel scan, entering Activation code and of course internet password.  Settings keep dropping out.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I have a $45 Android TV box that has really bad wifi. It crashes as well.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hey @Charley25, we recommend logging this issue with our Tech Support team if you haven't already. They'll be able to organise a replacement set top box.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Tried this and tech not very helpful as didn't really listen to what I had already tried.  Tried again but couldn't get through on phone or via Chat but finallly yesterday tried Chat again and got a very helpful person, Joyce.

She put me through to Fetch tech and spoke to him and he arranged for two D-link adapters as he believed it was the poor (3mb) Wi-Fi signal strength.  Well surprisingly, knock on the door this morning and they arrived!

Have connected everything up and will just wait and see how it goes but kudos to Optus for such quick seervice.

Fingers crossed...

PS

Is there anyway I can do a speed test on the box?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Under Manage → Settings → Network settings, you should be able to run a test under the, "wired" header. Fetch recommends a minimum connection speed of 3Mbps. 

Let us know what sort of results you're seeing on your end.  

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Checked and am getting the bare minimum 3.38mb.  Checked the speed of my Ipad in the same room and was getting 10mb

Have installed the power boosters and although working longer than a day, went off again yesterday.

Think that I may have to live with it a bit longer but looks more likely that unless I can get better speeds, may have to give it up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Do you mind sending us a private message with your account details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan? I need your full name, DOB and account number. I can't make any promises but I just want to check your DSL sync rate. We might be able to figure out a solution. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, will do.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors